SENTRY JOURNAL » Chris Matthews, John Carey, Nationalization, Oil Industry, oil spill, Progressive, THE CURRENT » Oil Spill Brings Chris Matthews’s Socialist Side Out

Oil Spill Brings Chris Matthews’s Socialist Side Out

I know that not many people are watching Hardball these days, but here is what they’re missing.  I found the following clip on NewsBusters.  Once again it’s my favorite progressive Chris Matthews losing all his objectivity and suggesting that the government should nationalize a private industry.  And what industry does he now want the government to nationalize; the oil industry.  I mean he really can’t contain himself.

This guy is a real piece of work.  He can no longer keep his socialist side in check.  I mean he’s talking about the same actions that Hugo Chavez took when he nationalized the oil industry in his country.  Now that’s who we should choose as our model for economic success; Hugo Chavez.  Venezuela’s economy is an absolute mess.  So let me see if I have the count correct; Obama has already nationalized healthcare to a certain degree, he is in the process of nationalizing the banks, and he nationalized the auto industry (so the taxpayer could pay the union pensions).  What’s next, nationalizing the energy industry with a sham of a bill that kills jobs and helps allies of President Obama reap huge profits in a carbon exchange scheme.  Oh wait, they’re working on that one now in Congress.  Haven’t we had enough of this crap?  Does Mr. Matthews really believe that the nationalization of the oil industry is a good thing for a free market system?  I know maybe if we nationalize the oil industry like Mr. Matthews has suggested we can start executing these industry leaders like China does in the name of economic justice and crimes against humanity.  I mean isn’t this what Matthews is hinting at?

And by the way Mr. Matthews that capitalism you seem to loath has advanced the human condition further and faster than any other economic system.  If you really care about the “people” you should stop misleading them with your socialist garbage and start talking about the success stories of capitalism.  There are many to choose from.  I challenge you to compare the two economic systems of capitalism and socialism and with hard facts prove to America that socialism is a better way of doing business.  Prove to America that nationalizing industry creates more jobs and is more efficient than the private industry.  You can’t!

I have had enough of these progressives who are really socialists calling themselves Democrats attacking our capitalist system.  Yes that’s right, the same system that they owe their current standard of living too; oh which here in America is one of the highest standards of living in the world.  They attack the vehicle (capitalism) and ignore the driver (government through massive regulation).  Maybe if Mr. Matthews would pull his head out of his socialist fantasy world and look around with objective eyes, he might just see that the world would be a much darker place if it wasn’t for the unbridled capitalist system he so despises.  Better yet maybe you, Maxine Waters, Henry Waxman, and all your socialist pals can find some uninhabited island in the middle of nowhere and practice your socialist system on each other.  I don’t believe you would survive long, because by day three of the grand experiment, no one would want to work to feed someone else.  You’re all a bunch a hypocrites that want us to live by a certain set of rules that you create, but won’t apply to you.  You want to nationalize and tax everything to cap our success and keep us in what you believe is our place.

Now I’m living in a fantasy world to think that you would or could ever understand the power of capitalism and why it’s part of the fabric that is the United States.  Mr. Matthews is nothing more than an empty headed buffoon that is a product of progressive brainwashing.  He spouts off useless drivel that is meaningless and shallow.  I almost feel sorry for him…almost.

So endeth my rant.

Filed under: Chris Matthews, John Carey, Nationalization, Oil Industry, oil spill, Progressive, THE CURRENT

Comments
  • LD Jackson May 18, 2010 at 4:42 AM

Sic'em, John. 😉

Honestly, I agree with you on Matthews and his group. It seems like every other day or so, he is coming up with something that leads him to say how bad he hates the system that has allowed him to prosper. It makes me wonder why he stays in our country if he hates it so much.

Did you notice how quick he was to start harping on the profits of the oil industry? I guess it must be a sin now for anyone to make a profit. How did it come about that making a profit is so bad? They want to harp on the oil industry, but no one seems to care that many liberal actors and actresses are making insane amounts of money and are considered social icons.

It's a good thing that I don't have a television. I would probably throw a brick through every time I watched Matthews.

• John Carey May 18, 2010 at 5:32 AM

Thanks for the comments Larry. The reason they don't harp on themselves is because most liberals/progressives have double standards. If you support the progressive cause then you can make as much money as you want and get a free pass. If you don't then you're evil for wanting to become successful and actually make a profit. This mentality is a product of our college system and parenting. If we don't lay the foundation with our children as parents, then we shouldn't be surprised when our children come out of leftist colleges with this I hate capitalism mindset.

• LD Jackson May 18, 2010 at 6:12 AM

I would go so far as to say that a lot of parents have failed in this regard. They trust the schools to teach their children and the results have not turned out so well. That is one of the areas where the personal responsibility we all talk about would work very well.

• davidwwalters May 18, 2010 at 7:22 AM

If we did nationalize oil, could we insure that only Americans get the product, or would it just go on the world market as it now does?

• jeff May 18, 2010 at 12:55 PM

David, never heard of redistributive oil production, but I am sure Marx has a paper on that (LOL). Thats just the next con on the way. It made me laugh just thinking about it, thanks. The only thing I haven't shared yet is my lab, but I heard the program is in the works.

• Matt May 18, 2010 at 9:06 PM

Great rant John. This fool thinks that the government would do better? I believe that there were a number of things that the government failed to do (in violation of law) when this event happened. BP may have screwed up, or it might have been a freak incident. Either way, both they and the government have failed to stop it. At least BP has been trying.

I think that there already is an island out there that practices what Matthews desires. It's the "workers paradise" of Cuba! You know, it's the island that thousands of Americans get on rafts and brave shark infested waters to get to…or do I have that backwards?

BTW, have you heard from Trestin? His blog is gone, and I haven't been able to get him via email.

• John Carey May 18, 2010 at 9:22 PM

I agree Larry that parents have become far too trusting in our school system. Parents need to be actively engaged in their children's education and growth.

• Anonymous May 18, 2010 at 9:36 PM

You called him buffoon…hahaha. I say if they believe so much in the progressive Shangri-La state that they lead by example and keep 25% of what they earn and fund the progressive programs they tout. I would like to see all these liberal bleeding heart movie stars and "artists" do the same, yes they do make obscene amounts of money. On a different note I see that after six terms…six terms, Arlen Specter is not in the run for anything. I dont think it was the rain that hurt his campaign it was his meddling in affairs (private affairs…such as PatriotGate(football) that did him in..finally.
    you know who I am …I say ETARS

• John Carey May 18, 2010 at 9:38 PM

David, it has been awhile. Welcome back. You have been well I hope?

• John Carey May 18, 2010 at 9:45 PM

Thanks for dropping by Matt. I forgot about Cuba. I guess you're right, they already have an island..LOL

• John Carey May 18, 2010 at 9:47 PM

Thanks for the comments Anonymous. Soon to be Mr. Specter will finally find his way out of DC. His schemes finally caught up to him.

• Anonymous May 24, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Lively discussion here. However, Matthews is hitting at some real truth, and he is clearly outraged; we all should be, too. This story — Gulf oil disaster — is not about Matthews or Limbaugh — it's about "we the people" (as this interesting site cites). It's about our national landscape and environment (400-plus species involved – not a "few" birds and turtles). It's about hundreds of people, if not thousands, unable to work in an area that was barely recovering from Katrina. This is about another potential bailout – lawyers and lobbyists are working right now for the oil companies, especially BP, so we, dear taxpayers, foot the majority of the bill for this. This on top of the international wars we wage, health care for illegals, bank bailouts, and what next? This is a huge wake-up call, folks, no matter what side of the divided country you are on. May our Creator have mercy.

• Anonymous May 25, 2010 at 11:08 AM

So Chris Matthews's parents are wrong for having sent him to college, where he learned critical thinking and that it is OK to question authority and the "status quo"? Am I getting that from the comments here? That if you question your government or The System you are anti-American or hate capitalism? That is McCarthy-era thinking and judgment, folks. Let us look at the Germans and the fact that many did not question authority or "the status quo" — and no, I'm not a pinko, commie, or whatever other label you want to slap on me. And no, I am not equating this administration or any American administration with a certain fascist regime. Many in our history have questioned the status quo and the country — at least the one I believe in — "of the people, by the people" — changed for the better, right? Of course free enterprise and the market work, but only when the players play by the rules and do not make back-room deals and get shortcuts to profits, or profits brought about through shortcuts, e.g. Deepwater Horizon. Yes, as citizens and taxpayers, we have the right to know. We demand transparency — it is OUR government. Businesses and markets are supposed to be for us. If we are buying goods and services from companies that don't care if they send jobs overseas or if they pollute our environment, then we are naive and ignorant for blithely supporting them. So, although I have a LOT to learn, at least I will not, no way, accept what some business tells me as truth, and I will certainly question the government, because it's my (your) government. That kindergarten lesson of rallying around the flag at any cost isn't what it means to be an American. It is making sure the flag that many died and sacrificed for still represents the ideals of justice and opportunity set forth in our founding documents. If not, then I want to know why and the people who died so I could ask those questions, respectfully, peacefully, will be honored. Thanks for "listening" to me write passionately on this important, complex topic. Good thinking and prosperity to all.

• John Carey May 25, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Thanks for your comments Anonymous. I do understand how much of an environmental disaster this oil spill is. Additionally I don't believe the taxpayer should pick up the tab on this. BP should pay for all costs associated with stopping the leak and clean up. I just don't believe the nationalization of a private industry is the answer. I believe it is an attack on all of our liberties. We need to get out of the bug business is bad mindset. Because when we allow such an assault by government, we are allowing an assault on our Constitution.

I don't have a problem with Chris Matthews going to college or anyone else. However recent surveys conducted have identified that colleges and universities are extremely left in their political ideology. I also feel that parents and public schools have failed to build the constitutional foundation that our children need to appreciate not only our Founders, but our liberties. When one does not have the knowledge, they are ignorant. This means they can be easily manipulated by some leftist college professors that have their own agenda.

Chris Matthews was not questioning to government, he was supporting the expansion of governmental authority. I have a problem with this because I believe government is the problem. It makes me sick to my stomach that people like Matthews will so freely throw away our liberties, the same liberties that men died to defend.

It's ok to disagree. The Founders disagreed on a number of issues. However they put the cause of America ahead of their personal feelings. I don't see that with many of the talking heads or politicians today. It about parties and that my friend is bad for America and bad for our liberties and freedom.

Once again thanks for dropping by.