SENTRY JOURNAL » Arizona Immigration Law, Calderon, Congress, Democrats, Jack Cafferty, John Carey, Obama » Jack Cafferty Hammers Calderon and the Obama Administration on Arizona Immigration Law

Yesterday CNN’s Jack Cafferty slammed Mexico’s President Calderon and the Obama administration for attacking the new Arizona immigration law.

Check out the clip below:

Read the full article here.

This was absolutely disgraceful and appalling.  This is a foreign leader who is a guest in our country and who stood before our Congress and proceeded to insult the American people.  We have walked out on leaders that have stood before the UN General Assembly for much less.  Instead of standing up and walking out, all the Democrats signaled their approval of this man’s words by giving him a standing ovation.  Are you friggin kidding me?

I don’t care whether you are a Democrat, Independent, Republican, or Libertarian, we’re all Americans.  And when a foreign leader blast one group of Americans, he is blasting us all. And for our Democratic leadership to condone such language is outrageous.  We have our problems and disagreements, but they’re our problems and our disagreements.  There is not a place at the table for Mexico to influence our policies or laws.  Perhaps they should look at their own economy and work to create opportunities to improve the standard of living for the Mexican people.

Maybe we should reform our immigration laws and make them more like Mexico’s immigration laws; I wonder if the Mexican President would approve of this action.  Or better yet, maybe we should just enforce our very humane immigration laws and forgo immigration reform completely.  Here’s a thought, why don’t we actually try to enforce the immigration laws that are already on the books.  Who knows, they just might work.

Wow, now there’s a novel idea.

Filed under: Arizona Immigration Law, Calderon, Congress, Democrats, Jack Cafferty, John Carey, Obama

Comments
  • Teresa May 21, 2010 at 4:35 AM

Excellent Post! I love how Cafferty really sticks it to both Obama and Calderon. It is disgraceful that Obama gave Calderon an outlet to complain about an American law. Calderon needs to focus on making the economic and living conditions better for Mexicans instead of worrying about our laws. He's passing the buck off to America when this immgration problem was created by Mexico and other Central American countries.

• John Carey May 21, 2010 at 5:23 AM

Thanks for stopping by Teresa. I agree Calderon needs to focus on Mexico and not worry about our laws. Cafferty has really surprised me lately. He tends to lean left.

• LD Jackson May 21, 2010 at 5:42 AM

Great article and video, John. I like Cafferty more and more every time I watch him.

I really like what you had to say about our current immigration laws. Have you heard Tom McClintock's response to Calderon and his explanation of how our immigration laws are supposed to work? I have a video on Political Realities and he explains it in a way I have never heard before. He really does a good job.

• Trestin Meacham May 21, 2010 at 6:35 AM

Did you notice Wolf's reaction. He was dumbfounded. I bet as soon as the camera cut off, he was asking people what Jack was thinking.

• Anonymous May 21, 2010 at 4:14 PM

Cafferty better watch his back with comments like those, CNN will fire him like they did Mr Independant.

• John Carey May 21, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Thanks for the comments Larry. I know that Cafferty leans left, but he is also not an ideologue. He believes America should be first not political party. I respect him for that. Not that he hasn't done his fair share of slamming the right.

• John Carey May 21, 2010 at 8:05 PM

I know what you mean Trestin. Wolf looked like he wanted to turn to the camera guy and say go to commercial. Jack has been going after the Obama Administration as of late.

• John Carey May 21, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Thanks for dropping in Anonymous. I have to wonder how long it will be before CNN pulls the plug on him. Or just maybe they want to get back in the ratings game, so they will allow him to keep speaking his mind.

• Matt May 21, 2010 at 11:02 PM

That is quite good John. If he gets canned by CNN, I'm sure FOX will be happy to have him. That way, people will actually be able to watch him.

I was personally disgusted that the Dems gave the Mexican prez a standing ovation. It struck me as treasonous. I think that video will come back to haunt many a Dem politician come November.

• John Carey May 21, 2010 at 11:13 PM

I totally agree Matt. I was telling a friend of mine today that the Democrats giving this man a standing ovation after slamming one of our states is a defining moment in this nation's history. I believe that this will wake up a large number of people because like I said, we may argue with one another, but don't you dare interrupt our argument. I believe this will cost the Democrats a great deal, this November and beyond.