SENTRY JOURNAL » BP, CNN, Drew Griffin, Federal Takeover, Gulf Oil Disaster, Robert Reich » Robert Reich: Another Useful Idiot That Wants to Sieze BP

Robert Reich: Another Useful Idiot That Wants to Sieze BP

CNN’s Drew Griffin called out University of California, Berkeley professor Robert Reich, on his suggestion that the federal government should take over BP.

Read the entire story at NewsBusters.

I applaud Mr. Griffin for forcing Mr. Reich to defend his proposal.  I loved how he compared it with the actions of the Venezuela government.  This is where we are at in a nation that was once a beacon of light for the rest of the world.  I’m not sure what turns my stomach more; the fact that this useful idiot has proposed such a socialistic action or that he molds young impressionable minds.

Liberty forever, freedom for all.

Filed under: BP, CNN, Drew Griffin, Federal Takeover, Gulf Oil Disaster, Robert Reich

Comments
  • Trestin Meacham June 3, 2010 at 6:14 AM

He wants the government to take over; not to change how things are being done, but just so they can run things? Makes perfect sense. Why not? It may be the most sane idea from the left in a long time.

Next on the crazy progressive agenda: we will all microwave our pillows for 27 seconds before we go to bed. We will do this all summer long.

• Kristin June 3, 2010 at 1:50 PM

The government is doing such a great job stopping the leak, just imagine what a phenomenal job they'll do running BP!!!

• Teresa June 3, 2010 at 6:49 PM

He thinks the government is doing something right with this BP mess? It ticks me off how the government has displayed such ineptitude and callousness during this whole oil spill situation.

I do like how Mr. Griffin compares Reich's plan to something that would happen in Venezuela. The idea that the federal government should take over BP is absurd.

But, I could see this administration doing another naked power grab.

• John Carey June 3, 2010 at 8:21 PM

Funny Trestin. I'm so tired of these fringe people having a voice on a national stage.

• John Carey June 3, 2010 at 8:26 PM

I must say Kristin doesn't it make you feel all warm inside knowing these buffoons will be running our healthcare.

• John Carey June 3, 2010 at 8:30 PM

I saw just yesterday Teresa that Obama in a speech used the gulf disaster to push for Cap and Trade oops I meant the "America Powers Act" to be accelerated because of the spill. This man really has no shame. Using a tragic environmental disaster to push his agenda of more control.

• Matt June 3, 2010 at 8:49 PM

I remember that when this guy worked for the Clinton administration, he had a habit of referring to us all as "human capital."

Actually though, I am glad that Reich and others feel free to advertise their socialism openly. It makes it much easier to expose them. That, and I am amused when they act surprised that folks disagree with it.

• John Carey June 3, 2010 at 10:37 PM

Yeah I know what you mean Matt. When Griffin disagreed with him, the look of surprise blanketed him. It was like…how dare you.