SENTRY JOURNAL » conservative bloggers, Constitutional Republic, frontline, Patriots » The Frontline: Conservative Bloggers in the Trenches

The Frontline: Conservative Bloggers in the Trenches

For eight months I have been part of the conservative blogosphere and I must say that it has been one heck of ride.  I have met some outstanding conservative bloggers that have been in the trenches on the frontline of a political ideological war that has been waging for the last few years.  These conservative bloggers are debating and analyzing the issues that neither political party nor the MSM want to touch.

I found myself sometimes agreeing and disagreeing with the opinions of my fellow conservative bloggers and that’s ok because the cause is bigger.  And even though our personal views shape our overall opinion on an issue, I have found through my interactions with conservative bloggers that 99 percent of them believe in the cause and are willing to put it all on the line to advance it.  This cause I speak of it is restoring our Constitutional Republic with limited government.  When we look back on history we see that many of our Founders disagreed on a number of key issues; however they believed in the cause and advanced it with every fiber of their being.  They were on the frontline, grounded in their beliefs and principles, pressing forward against an enemy that was better trained, better equipped, and entrenched.

I was talking to a friend the other night and we were talking about the role conservative bloggers are playing during these pivotal times of our Republic.  He said that one day we will look back on these days and realize that each of us had a role to play in the restoration of the Republic.  He said that we are living in historic times and our actions are being attacked, ridiculed, mocked, analyzed, and subverted from every angle.  We must rise above it all and press forward because anything less is unacceptable.  After I got off the phone with him I pondered our conversation and soon understood that what he was talking about was being on the frontline.

You see the frontline is the place where you see the enemy and know the direction they are moving.  Whether they are marching directly towards you or repositioning you see them maneuvering and learn their tactics.  Each day conservative bloggers are watching the left maneuver and reposition for an attack from another angle.  These angles could range from charges of racism to the regulation of bloggers.  Sometimes they press the line with an all out assault on our liberties and sometimes their attacks are smaller and more focused on an individual liberty, but all of the time they are probing for a weak spot in the line.  This is the line that conservative bloggers hold each day defending the Constitution and the Republic with their words.

Most you have never heard of them, but they are there every day putting it all on the line to defend our liberties.  These are hard working Americans from all walks of life that never imagined themselves on the frontline of anything.  They are mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters, and husbands and wives who know that America’s best days are ahead of her if we get back to the basics of a Constitutional Republic.  They are patriots with a purpose.  They work all day, attend rallies, organize meetings, and still somehow find the time to blog about the important issues facing our Republic.  They are attacked again and again for their ideology and positions on issues and yet press forward advancing the cause and holding the line.  Most of them probably only get around 4 to 5 hours of sleep a night because it takes a great deal of time to do the research to produce a quality product.

These people are some of America’s finest and I am proud to be a small part of the work they are doing.  Below are a few of my favorite blogs.  These conservative bloggers are in my opinion the tip of the spear in conservative thought.  There are many great conservative bloggers out there in the blogosphere, these are just a few that I visit daily.  Be sure to view their blogrolls for links to other great conservative bloggers.

Conservative Hideout 2.0

The Born Again Americans

Trestin Meacham

Political Realities

The Classic Liberal Blog

Teresamerica

TOTUS

America’s Watchtower

Mind-Numbed Robot

motorcitytimes

I salute all conservative bloggers and thank you for holding the line.  Keep the faith!

Filed under: conservative bloggers, Constitutional Republic, frontline, Patriots

Comments
  • Matt July 24, 2010 at 11:39 PM

That's good stuff, John. I'm flattered to be one of those that are linked. While comparing us to the founders…I'm not worthy of that.

Thanks again John. This does give a bit of perspective.

• John Carey July 24, 2010 at 11:51 PM

Your welcome my friend. I think all you good people are great and I'm so glad to be a part of this…even though I'm small potatoes.

• Randy-g July 25, 2010 at 4:56 AM

Every blog that is visited is a little more knowledge gained. Yours is one I try to visit daily too John, I am glad I found it!

• LD Jackson July 25, 2010 at 6:13 AM

Wow, this is a great post, John. Like Matt said, I am flattered that you would link to Political Realities. I really do not consider my writing to be worthy of that, but thanks.

• John Carey July 25, 2010 at 6:32 AM

Thank you Randy. I learn a great deal through all of you guys. The blogs above are not the only great conservative blogs out there. Your blog is solid and I enjoy the content. You are on the forntline my friend. Keep on keeping on!

• John Carey July 25, 2010 at 6:37 AM

Thanks Larry. Larry, your site is one of the best in my opinion. I don't necessarily agree with you all the time (more times than not I do) but your writing is superb and content is informative. You look before you leap and that is a quality that should be benchmarked by a number of bloggers (to include myself). Thank you for all you do to advance the cause my friend.

• The Born Again American July 25, 2010 at 7:20 AM

John, we feel honored to be considered as "Brothers in Arms" with you and the othters on the list… You have nailed it in as much as these are the front lines, it's now or never… We have a very limited time to quell the progressive agenda as they have been at this far longer than we previously realized… Even though we have truth on our side, it is not enough just to be right… There is no better example than what is surfacing now to the fact that Obama may very well have stolen the nomination from Clinton… I'm not sure that McCain could have defeated Hillary, but it just goes to show their Alinsky belief that "the ends justifies the means"…

Thank you for your patriotism and the patriotism of all on the front lines in this war to save our Republic…

IF NOT YOU, WHO? IF NOT NOW, WHEN?

• John Carey July 25, 2010 at 7:33 AM

Thanks BO! We must continue each day to expose the left and their agenda. We must keep the heat on and continue to hold the line. If our resolve is strong, sooner or late they will break ranks and run.

• Trestin July 25, 2010 at 8:11 AM

I'm honored to be on that list.

I am amazed at the variety in the talents and experience of the many involved in this cause. We all have a part to play.

• John Carey July 25, 2010 at 8:34 AM

Trestin your site is one of the best. You take a common sense approach when addressing the problems we face as a Republic. I appreciate all your efforts.

• Amusing Bunni July 25, 2010 at 9:19 AM

Great list here, John. I love and follow many of your great bloggers.

• John Carey July 25, 2010 at 10:46 AM

Thanks Bunni. These bloggers I listed are the ones I visit often, however the list is not all inclusive. There are a number of great conservative bloggers out there on the frontline each day fighting the good fight to save our Republic. If I had unlimited amount of spare time I would visit all of them and read their posts on a daily basis. Unfortunately I don't and I know I'm missing a number of great posts.

• Right Hand Man July 25, 2010 at 4:46 PM

John,
    Sounds like you appreciate those phone calls as much as I do…and for that I am honored and flattered. I cannot wait to staet posting again.

More importantly…I am going to miss you. Thanks for letting me be a part of this blog and for being a friend.

Posting from my cell.

• John Carey July 25, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Thanks Right.

• Teresa July 25, 2010 at 7:26 PM

I am honored to be among those on your list. You are a great patriot fighting the good fight. I am proud to fight on the front lines alongside of you. I always enjoy visiting your blog and learning something new. You bring great knowledge to the conservative blogosphere which aids greatly in the fight to keep and restore our Republic.

• John Carey July 25, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Thank you Teresa for all you do. I know it is not easy, but you are indeed one of the best. Keep holding the line…they will break.