SENTRY JOURNAL » Bush tax cuts, Christ Matthews, Paul Ryan » Paul Ryan gives Chris Matthews a lesson on the Bush tax cuts

Paul Ryan gives Chris Matthews a lesson on the Bush tax cuts

Paul Ryan appeared on Hardball and was questioned by liberal host Chris Matthews about the Bush tax cuts and cutting spending.  This was Paul Ryan at his absolute best!  He made Matthews look like the hack he is.  I almost felt sorry for him because it was clear that he had no clue as to what Ryan was talking about.  He couldn’t quite wrap his brain around how small business would be impacted by increased tax rates.

This is video clip is via RealClearPolitics.

The only thing Ryan’s colleague had to offer was how Ryan wanted to privatize social security and how the Dems passed pay as you go.  First off the Dems have completely abandoned pay as you go and Matthews didn’t even challenge him on the recently passed unemployment benefits extension that bypassed the pay as you go rule.  These people are just shameless in their actions.  Second, the Democratic congressman from New York decided to take the low road and use a scare tactic on senior citizens instead of addressing the real problems with social security; like it’s unsustainable.  If anyone reading this really believes social security is going to last another 20 years well I have some beachfront property to sell you in North Dakota.

You could clearly see who had a grasp of the issues and who was grasping at straws.  As I said earlier in this post, this was Paul Ryan at his best.  He has already stated that he has no desire to run for President, but I sure wish he would reconsider.  This man knows what he is talking about and believes was he is selling.

I’m sold on his plan.

Filed under: Bush tax cuts, Christ Matthews, Paul Ryan

Comments
  • Randy-g July 27, 2010 at 4:38 AM

Mathews was "schooled". Unfortunately he is not teachable. Ryan at his best!

• John Carey July 27, 2010 at 5:45 AM

I agree on both assessments Randy. Matthews is not teachable and Ryan was at his best. Thanks for the comments.

• KOOK July 27, 2010 at 9:00 AM

If only a couple of the handful of people who watch that show see some glimmer of reality due to this then it was worth it…sadly people who are devoted watchers of MSNBC probably have no hope of unplugging from the narrative.

• Harrison July 27, 2010 at 2:24 PM

Harry Reid said in front of liberal bloggers that Social security was as solid as a rock and would not go bankrupt. You can't believe them when their lips move.

• John Carey July 27, 2010 at 6:19 PM

I think you're right KOOK. Most devoted watchers of MSNBC are hardcore Obamabots. Thanks for dropping by.

• LD Jackson July 27, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Simply put, Paul Ryan is a whiz at this stuff. I know a lot of people would like to see him running for President and that wouldn't be a bad thing. However, I tend to think he would do better as Treasury Secretary or some other, high ranking position that guides our economy. As rude and impolite as Matthews is, he couldn't do a thing with the Congressman. Thanks for sharing the video and your thoughts, John.

• John Carey July 27, 2010 at 8:07 PM

You know it Harrison. These people are living in a reality they very few Americans can relate to. Thanks for the comments.

• John Carey July 27, 2010 at 8:09 PM

You know Larry I think you are onto something. Get him in a position where he can really have an impact on the economy or budget. That makes good sense. He's not running, but he can still play a huge role.

• LD Jackson July 27, 2010 at 8:16 PM

I honestly think that would be a good idea. Not everyone can run for President and we don't need everyone doing so. There are a lot of ways to have a positive influence on our country, without living in the White House.

• Dominique July 27, 2010 at 8:28 PM

John – I totally agree with you and Larry! This man is amazing! Kick out Giethner and put in Paul! He would have my vote of confidence!

• John Carey July 27, 2010 at 8:43 PM

Thanks for dropping by Dominique. I agree with Larry. I think Paul Ryan types need to be the face of the Republican Party. He comes across as confident, knowledgeable, and competent.

• Matt July 27, 2010 at 9:06 PM

Ryan is looking more and more like my choice for 2012.

• John Carey July 27, 2010 at 9:20 PM

He's not going to run Matt. I wish he was but he stated that he wants to live a normal life. If this is the case I agree with Larry that we should try to get him in a position where he can have an impact on the budget or economy.