SENTRY JOURNAL » 2010 elections, Christina O'Donnell, Delaware, Karl Rove, Mike Castle, NRSC, Politics, Republican, Sean Hannity » Karl Rove reveals his establishment colors

Karl Rove reveals his establishment colors

Last night Christina O’Donnell pulled off an upset win against Mike Castle in the Delaware Republican primary.  O’Donnell was endorsed by the Tea Party movement, Sarah Palin, and Jim DeMint.  Mike Castle was supported by the establishment and is a moderate Republican that many conservatives have labeled as a RINO.

In a win that shocked many the NRSC said it will not support O’Donnell’s campaign.  Mr. Rove appeared on the Hannity show and was clearly upset about O’Donnell’s victory.  Below is a clip of their exchange.

“Why did it take her two decades to pay her college bill?”  Are you kidding me Karl?  How does that even compare with all the ethic violations by some of our elected officials in Washington?  The fact is Karl is another establishment Republican that is an election bean counter.  He is more concerned about whether the party can pull off a win in a blue state than moving the Republican Party back to its core principles.  It was almost a Kodak moment to see Sean Hannity disagree with him on this issue.

No one ever said the purge was going to be easy…only that it was necessary.

Filed under: 2010 elections, Christina O'Donnell, Delaware, Karl Rove, Mike Castle, NRSC, Politics, Republican, Sean Hannity

Comments
  • Randy-g September 15, 2010 at 4:31 AM

No one ever said the purge was going to be easy…only that it was necessary.

That line says it all!!

• Steve Dennis September 15, 2010 at 4:47 AM

This is what the establishment still doesn't seem to understand–we want real change, we are no longer going to put up with the BS in Washington and we do not care which party it is. We will vote out whoever does not meet our criteria, no matter what party they belong to.
    Establishment Republicans had better realize this soon or they will be out of work also.

• LD Jackson September 15, 2010 at 4:48 AM

I wouldn't trust Karl Rove as far as I could throw him and no, it doesn't matter if he is a member of the Republican Party. From everything we have learned during the Bush years, the man is a conniving individual intent on one thing alone and that is winning. He reminds me of a Republican version of David Axlerod.

It's not often that I agree with a lot Sean Hannity says, but I am with him on this. At any rate, who says O'Donnell can't win the race? She did beat Castle quite handily, so who's to say that will not carry over to the general election. Rove's just got sour grapes.

Sorry, John. I'll go back to my corner now.

• Right Hand Man September 15, 2010 at 8:55 AM

You beat me to the post. I was supremely disappointed in Rove's comments. He sees R's and D's and that's about it.

"Better to have 30 Marco Rubios than 60 Arlen Spektors!"

• commoncents September 15, 2010 at 7:07 PM

We have the video of her Victory Speech posted on Common Cents right now!

• Ron Russell September 15, 2010 at 9:27 PM

Karl is a party man first and a conservative second! I don't know how the general will turn out in Del., I do however feel it will be close. And unlike Rowe I would rather see a true conservative run and lose than see a RINO elected to that seat!

• John Carey September 15, 2010 at 9:40 PM

Thanks Randy. I think it pretty much sums it up also.

• John Carey September 15, 2010 at 9:42 PM

Well said Steve. They had better get it soon. If not the party will have a different face 4 years from now. A conservative face.

• Ron Russell September 15, 2010 at 9:45 PM

Thanks for the nice image link. I just noticed it. Just gave you a large link over at Obama Cartoons. I don't get many comments over there, but for some reason it gets 3 times the traffic of TOTUS. Maybe because it has over 2000 post. Anyway maybe it will drive a little traffic your way. I do this because you do have great well written post.

• John Carey September 15, 2010 at 9:45 PM

I could see the light go off above Hannity's head when Rove started ripping on O'Donnell. It was a "I get it" moment. He finally saw the establishment in all its glory channel through his pal Karl. Thanks for the comment Larry.

• John Carey September 15, 2010 at 9:47 PM

I agree Right. We need to continue with the purge.

• John Carey September 15, 2010 at 9:47 PM

Thanks for the heads up CC.

• John Carey September 15, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Karl has always placed the party first. He cares more about the party than conservative principles. You're welcome on the image link. You have a great site Ron.

• Jason Hammond September 15, 2010 at 10:23 PM

John, I could not believe Karl's mouth, but maybe it is because I am naive. Karl is a smart guy, but this time he stepped on a land mine to the detriment of the party and conservatives.

• Matt September 15, 2010 at 10:30 PM

Rove is the classic establishment Republican. I've seen him on FOX, and promoting his book. He talks a good principled "Conservative" game when he's out selling himself. However, you saw the real guy in that interview.

This is what frustrated the "you know what" out of my with the GOP for the past decade. Every election cycle, they'd go home and talk a good game, and when they got back to DC, it was right back to the RINO reserve.

I was pleased that the committee has decided to support her, and that she has raked in the campaign cash yesterday, but support is grudging. I don't know if she'll win in November, but it appears to me that there is a big grassroots movement behind her, so you never know.

• John Carey September 16, 2010 at 5:42 AM

Thanks for the comments Matt. It is time to unite and push these progressives back into the shadows of the political world.

• Teresa September 16, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Great post, John!
    Yes, Christine O'Donnell's win was a huge upset in Delaware. Rove is a part of the establishment and seems to only care about winning instead of standing on principles. NO MORE RINOS!!! I am hoping and praying that she wins in November.

• John Carey September 16, 2010 at 6:17 PM

I totally agree Teresa. Time to push the RINOs out.