SENTRY JOURNAL » 2010 elections, Earl Pomeroy, North Dakota, Politics, Video » Earl Pomeroy: The plea of a desperate man

Earl Pomeroy: The plea of a desperate man

North Dakota is on the verge of sending Democratic Representative Earl Pomeroy packing and apparently he is beginning to feel it.  Below is his latest appeal to North Dakotans.

For years this man has managed to portray himself as a moderate Democrat in a conservative state and for the most part has received a free pass for bringing home the bacon for North Dakota’s largest industry; agriculture.  This year when the people of our great state overwhelmingly voiced their deep concerns over passing ObamaCare, Earl put in his Washington earplugs and pressed on and voted for ObamaCare against the wishes of a majority of his constituents.  I personally wrote him two letters expressing my lack of support for ObamaCare and heard nothing back in return.  I’m sure that I was not the only North Dakotan that received the cold shoulder from Mr. Pomeroy.

In my opinion his vote to pass ObamaCare was the single event that changed his political fortunes.  After his vote to support passage of ObamaCare, many people started looking at his voting record.  They quickly discovered that he was not a moderate; but a solid liberal who voted with Nancy Pelosi 97 percent of the time.  In one eye opening moment the people realized that their representative was not who they thought he was.  Last week a Rasmussen poll shows that Pomeroy is down by 10 points against challenger Rick Berg and those are numbers that will be difficult to overcome.

Now I’m not saying the race is over, because the only poll that matters is the one on Election Day.  I will tell you that the mood is not favorable for Mr. Pomeroy and he knows this.  The above video depicts a desperate man that sees the tidal wave coming.  It’s probably the only ad I’ve seen where he displays a touch of honesty.  It’s funny how when things turn bad, people tend to come clean.

H/T SayAnythingBlog and Randy’s Roundtable

Filed under: 2010 elections, Earl Pomeroy, North Dakota, Politics, Video

Comments
  • Gorges Smythe October 27, 2010 at 2:41 AM

Hope things go your way. It won't be long, now, until we know!

• Steve Dennis October 27, 2010 at 4:33 AM

I just love watching these liberals run from their votes and from the Democrat leadership, it is entertaining! Good luck next week!

• kingshamus October 27, 2010 at 6:55 AM

This is classic.

A Democrat Party douche goes to Washington, promptly falls in libe with the prevailing leftist kool kid krowd, than is surprised to find the basically conservative people back home don't like it.

I hope he gets booted out on his socialist ass.

• fleeceme.net October 27, 2010 at 10:57 AM

Can we get someone to define "special interest" to these freaking progressives. Last time I checked, the Farm lobby is one of the biggest special interest groups out there. And of course it is funded by big mega corporate farms, not the little guy who the Bureau of Agriculture was supposed to protect.

Damn I hate politicians.

• Teresa October 27, 2010 at 7:10 PM

Hopefully your prayers will be answered and Pomeroy will be booted from office and a common sense conservative will be elected. We will see on November 2.

• John Carey October 27, 2010 at 8:43 PM

Thanks GS. I can't wait to keep the promise I made him in the letter I sent.

• John Carey October 27, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Amen to that KS! I believe he will.

• John Carey October 27, 2010 at 8:52 PM

Like I said Fleece for years the people of my state gave this buffoon a free pass because he brought the money home for agriculture. We turned a blind eye when he voted for a liberal agenda. So we are to blame for allowing this to go on for so long. Not this time…no more. People are finally awake.

• John Carey October 27, 2010 at 8:55 PM

I really like Berg. He will definitely be a step in the right direction Teresa.

• John Carey October 27, 2010 at 9:21 PM

Thanks Steve. We shall see what happens in about six days.

• Matt October 27, 2010 at 10:36 PM

That is very encouraging John. One more socialist goes down.

More to go though!

• John Carey October 28, 2010 at 11:26 PM

Indeed Matt. It's time for Earl to go.