SENTRY JOURNAL » Uncategorized » Teeing it Up: A Round at the LINKs

Teeing it Up: A Round at the LINKs

Well it’s finally starting to warm up.  I spent most of yesterday chipping away the inch thick ice covering my driveway. Our temperatures actually made it to the low 40s yesterday; it was a welcome change.  This past week we saw a dictator driven from power and congress flip flop over spending cuts.  Thanks go out to the freshmen representatives in the House who forced the establishment to honor their pledge and cut $100 billion.  It was a good thing however I feel like we’ve come up short.  In golf there is a little saying, drive for show putt for dough.  What this means is that driving the ball off the tee box looks good, but its how well you putt on the greens that decide games.  The Republicans need to improve on their putting because I feel like they are missing some opportunities.  Yes they’re close, however in my opinion they are coming up short of the hole. This past week I made my daily rounds and below are a few of my favorite posts.  This week’s theme is about coming up short because it is how I have felt lately.  So tee it up and enjoy a round at the LINKs.

Allied Liberty News: Even Alan Greyson (D) FL could figure it out!!!

American Perspective: Dems Jab at Republicans for voting down Patriot Act

America’s Watchtower: Freshman Republicans hold the leadership’s feet to the fire

ARRA News Service: The Riddle of the Sphinx & America’s Hope for Change

Blog de King Shamus: Egypt, Foreign Policy and A Possible Pro-War Left

Bread upon the Waters: Sarkozy Abandons Multiculturalism

BUNKERVILLE: California to Dole Out $2B in Homeowner Help

Capitol Commentary: Speed Cameras Cause Road Fatalities

COMMON CENTS: Rush Limbaugh on the Mubarek Resignation

Conservative Hideout: The Failed Cult of MultiCult: Europe Begins to Accept Reality

Conservatives On Fire: Wake-up World. The Enemy Has A Name. That Name Is Islam

Eastern Right: Duh Nile

EYE OF POLYPHEMUS: Egypt: Out of the Frying Pan and Into the Fire

Forgotten Liberty: Sheila Jackson Lee Upset Over Racist Pepsi Ad

Gorges’ Grouse: Personal Prejudices Regarding Race

Innominatus: Barry confusing events

Maggie’s Notebook: ObamaCare Brings 800,000 Lost Jobs: CBO Video

Manhattan Infidel: Charlie Sheen Explains Our National Debt

Mind Numb Robot: Texans Deserve to Know the True Cost of Illegal Immigration‏

Motorcitytimes: The Google Art Project

NoOneOfAnyImport’s Blog: Yay For The LOUDelf And 10000 Pennies: Jack Daniels Explains The Deficit

No Sheeples: Unmanned Airborne Warriors: Outfoxing China’s PLA

Political Realities: We Have Rights, Let’s Stop Inventing Them

Proof Positive: “The Guy in Charge of US Intelligence is an Idiot”

Randy’s Roundtable: Today’s Example Of Progressive Civility

rjjrdq’s America II: James Clapper Implodes Once Again

SayAnything Blog: EPA Targets North Dakota With Fracking Study

Spellchek: Forced justice

teresamerica: Is Diet Soda Unhealthy, & Even Harmful?

Thatmrgguy’s Blog: The Cowboy Way

The Camp Of The Saints: Slave New World

The Classic Liberal: Your Life According To The Government

The Country Thinker: Cowboy Obama, Lawbreaker President

The Daley Gator: President Herman Cain? Hmmm that does have a nice ring to it

The Lonely Conservative: Gallup: Unemployment at 10.3 Percent

The Other McCain: My Favorite Line by Shakespeare

The Reaganite Republican: Ann Coulter is a Genius

What Would The Founders Think: The American Revolution A Concise History by Robert J. Allison

WyBlog: The Obama Administration plan for complete control of all media

I would like to welcome rjjrdq’s America II to the LINKs.  Keep up the great work!  Have a great Sunday.

Liberty forever, freedom for all.

Filed under: Uncategorized · Tags: ,

Comments
  • rjjrdq February 13, 2011 at 3:35 AM

Thanks for the link John. Some good company here. Lots of great blogs our there.
    rjjrdq recently posted..James Clapper Implodes Once AgainMy Profile

• Steve Dennis February 13, 2011 at 6:24 AM
  • LD Jackson February 13, 2011 at 7:50 AM

Thanks for linking to Michael’s article. I do appreciate it.
    LD Jackson recently posted..We Have Rights- Let’s Stop Inventing ThemMy Profile

• steve February 13, 2011 at 8:00 AM

Thanks for the link.

I’ve only played golf a couple of times. However, if the ball ever got that close to the hole (a shown in your pic’s) after countless strokes it would be considered a gimme.

Actually, if the ball was on the green I would consider it a gimme.
    steve recently posted..The Google Art ProjectMy Profile

• John Carey February 13, 2011 at 9:53 AM

Kind of like horseshoes, you score points if you get close enough. Maybe we should see if we can change the rules in golf. If you are close enough to the cup you get to count it. You’re welcome for the link my friend.
      John Carey recently posted..Teeing it Up- A Round at the LINKsMy Profile

• 5etester February 13, 2011 at 9:14 AM

Thank you John. Do they have a saying for driving in the woods and not being able to putt as well?

• John Carey February 13, 2011 at 9:56 AM

There is a saying for that…it’s just not appropriate to say in this forum. Keep writing the great stuff your producing over at Spellchek.
      John Carey recently posted..Teeing it Up- A Round at the LINKsMy Profile

• Mike February 13, 2011 at 10:15 AM

There’s another saying in golf…never leave a “birdie” put short. Thanks for the link. Two more days til Tee off. 😉 Then a three day rest back home and then off to Seattle to pick up 300,000 Tree seedlings for transport back to WNC. Probably see more snow than we’ll want to.
    Mike recently posted..How Long Did The Limits LastMy Profile

• John Carey February 13, 2011 at 10:25 AM

You’re welcome for the link. Be safe on your travels Mike. The temps have warmed up here in ND however they’re calling for colder temps later in the week. Be careful of the ice, this is the time of year when the snow starts melting during that day and freezes at night. Makes for white knuckle driving.

• Mike February 13, 2011 at 11:14 AM

John Carey

You got that right! Last year, we came back via Monarch Pass in Colorado, road elevation, 10,947 feet. We were within a mile of the top and it started snowing. Not what you want when you’re driving a 26 foot box truck truck carrying over 26,000 pounds. We’ll be stopping in Greenleaf, Idaho for a couple of hours to visit relatives, then making our way southeast through Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, Kansas and Oklahoma towards I-40.
    Mike recently posted..How Long Did The Limits LastMy Profile

• Matt February 13, 2011 at 3:02 PM

Thanks for the linkage sir!

• John Carey February 13, 2011 at 4:32 PM

You’re very welcome my friend. Nice selection over at your place.

• […] Sentry Journal tees it up! […]

• KingShamus February 13, 2011 at 4:14 PM

Hey John, it was 42 degrees here today. It felt warm enough for a round or two.

Thanks for the link back, my friend. As always, I am humbled and grateful.
    KingShamus recently posted..Once again- the Japanese prove their cool weirdnessMy Profile

• John Carey February 13, 2011 at 4:36 PM

It was in the low 40s here today. I decided to chip away at my driveway again. You’re very welcome for the link. Keep on keeping on KS.

• Bunkerville February 13, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Mucho Gracias for the link… thought I best start practicing my Spanish!
    Bunkerville recently posted..NASA names rocket going to Mars after EgyptianMy Profile

• John Carey February 13, 2011 at 7:01 PM

You’re very welcome Bunker. Keep up the great work.

• Teresa February 14, 2011 at 6:22 PM

Thanks so much for the link, John.
    Teresa recently posted..Laura Ingraham Interviews Donald Trump on immigration- cutting spending- &amp abortionMy Profile

• John Carey February 14, 2011 at 10:14 PM

You’re very welcome.

• Maggie@MaggiesNotebook February 27, 2011 at 8:44 PM

John, I just found your trackback in my spam folder. I am so sorry. I mentioned to another blogger that I didn’t think all tbs and pings were showing, and she suggested I look in the Spam folder. I found 14, including yours today. I am so appreciative, and apologetic that I am so dim on some of this stuff. Thank you!
    Maggie@MaggiesNotebook recently posted..Herman Cain Wins Tea Party Straw PollMy Profile