SENTRY JOURNAL » Uncategorized » North Dakota Senator John Hoeven: “This Budget is not Going to Cut it”

North Dakota Senator John Hoeven: “This Budget is not Going to Cut it”

Well our newly elected Senator John Hoeven has a strong opinion about President Obama’s 2012 budget proposal.  Basically he doesn’t believe it’s going to cut it.  The reality here is there is very little cutting of anything in this budget.  In fact there are massive tax increases in this budget on the wealthy.  It’s an assault on our economy and our liberties.

Below Senator Hoeven’s take on the budget.

Is anyone really buying what the President is trying to sell here.  I know I’m not.  In fact  this proves once again that what the President says and what he does are two different things.  For those of you that thought he was drifting towards the center; well he blew that notion out of the water yesterday,  As far as the Republicans go they need to start tackling the entitlement programs.  We need to have an adult conversation about social security and medicare.  If we don’t get a handle on these programs they will bankrupt the nation; it that simple.  It’s time for the Republicans to step up and lead.  The nation will be stronger for it.

Filed under: Uncategorized · Tags: , , , ,

Comments
  • Steve Dennis February 15, 2011 at 5:22 AM

It sounds like you have a good man up there, I hope that the Republicans will show the courage to attack the entitlement programs because we are going to fall under the weight of them if we do not address them soon.
    Barack Obama’s budget is full of tax increases and we know that many of these taxes will eventually be passed on down to us, so while Obama claims he didn’t raise taxes on the middle class he will have indirectly raised them.
    Steve Dennis recently posted..Republicans to introduce legislation which would stop the EPA from implementing cap and tradeMy Profile

• John Carey February 15, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Senator Hoeven was a great governor. I questioned him taking a demotion when he became a senator. You’re right, entitlement programs are going to crush us soon if we don’t address them. As I said we need to start having a serious conversation about social security and Medicare without the liberals crying out we’re going after grandma and grandpa. The Demcrats’ ObamaCare does far more worse damage to grandma and grandpa than reforming social security and Medicare will ever do to them.
      John Carey recently posted..North Dakota Senator John Hoeven- “This Budget is not Going to Cut it”My Profile

• Bunkerville February 15, 2011 at 8:51 AM

While I agree to Social Security reform, I am concerned about Medicare cuts, 500 Billion has already been cut. If hospitals do not make a profit, new technology cannot be purchased. Medicare patients are already “losers” financially. Is there anything more precious than life? The quality of life? Of all of the things to spend money on, Healthcare is number one for me. The rest of the world be damned. Let us keep our money for once for ourselves!~
    Bunkerville recently posted..Obama- Egypt- Google and the State Dept- A RevolutionMy Profile

• Jim Gourdie February 15, 2011 at 2:19 PM

It looks like you all got one of the good ones, John. Here is how I see the problem. The Democrats have no interest in cutting spending. The RHINOs have no interest in cutting spending. The bulk of the conservatives don’t have the cajones to cut spending. We are just flat out numbered, John. Sigh!
    Jim Gourdie recently posted..Social Issues Must Be Solved As Close To Home As PossibleMy Profile

• Country Thinker February 15, 2011 at 4:05 PM

Please indulge me one moment of unbridled glee… OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! Hoeven talked about tort reform as a means of reducing budget deficits!!!!!! I have been making that argument for years, and it is (another) reason I am a recovering attorney.

For anyone serious about deficit reduction, legal reform on a broad variety of fronts is ABSOLUTELY necessary, not to mention it is the least painful. It may take some time to reap benefits, but we cannot handle the deficit problem without it.

• Bunkerville February 15, 2011 at 4:57 PM

One hospital I know pays 33 Million a year in malpractice insurance with a 3 mil deductible. It has has a large OB residency program. Any baby that is not perfect is worth a whole bunch. C.T. is on track with this one.

• John Carey February 15, 2011 at 9:12 PM
    • Country Thinker February 16, 2011 at 6:51 AM

My sister had her first child while living in Ft. Lauderdale, and she had a difficult time finding a doctor to deliver the baby because malpractice insurance costs more than insurance will pay for a delivery. The few doctors down there who still do births take a loss, and only do it out of professional belief in a complete body of care for their patients.

• Steve February 15, 2011 at 7:41 PM

THANK YOU for posting this! I really like your blog!!

Steve
    Common Cents

• Infidel de Manahatta February 16, 2011 at 1:49 PM

Obama clearly wants the Republicans to take the blame for the mess we’re in.
    Infidel de Manahatta recently posted..Michelle Obama to Enter Rehab!My Profile

• John Carey February 17, 2011 at 5:09 AM

Indeed Manhattan. I mean his budget is laughable. Is he really serious here or is it just a political ploy designed to make the Republicans look like the party of no.
      John Carey recently posted..Update- Momma Carey is doing greatMy Profile