SENTRY JOURNAL » Uncategorized » Rant: Don’t Trust A Politician

Rant: Don’t Trust A Politician

Here’s a message to the Republican “Old Guard”; Your days are numbered.  $100 billion was too much for you?  What’s the fiscal difference between a Republican and a Democrat?  $22 billion.  That is all it cost to reveal the true colors of the GOP.  If this is true in the House, how much more so is it true in the Senate?

What a pathetic display.  The problem with the GOP is that they think that November was a message sent to Obama and Pelosi.  That’s not true; it was sent to Washington.  This was a message for the cowards like Eric Cantor and his ilk.  In fact, I might argue that they are the more dangerous enemy.  A wolf in sheep’s clothing devours the herd while their attention is demanded by the undisguised pack leader on the hill – pun intended.  The point is that they’re all in it together – a group bent to ruin our economic future, capitalist traditions, and individual rights.

I’m not alone in saying I’m done with them.  This was the last straw for me.  To his credit, John was ahead of me on this.  For too long I’ve held that the GOP could change from within if given time.  How foolish.  Time wasn’t the antidote, it was the poison.  Pols have a long tradition of using time as a method of meandering away from the people’s work and I fell into that trap.  I believed that this new blood might be able to make the change, that after a few elections we would see a shift from within.  It’s not going to happen.

Elected officials need to be reminded of who is in charge here.  R’s behind your name mean nothing to me now.  We can no longer make assumptions based on party alignment.  If you don’t sell out for the cause of making REAL entitlement reform, you’re worthless to me.  I will send $0 to you, I will not write one positive note about you, I will not argue on your behalf, pass out your buttons and stickers, or walk across the street to see you.  In contrast, if you’re willing to lead in the movement to shrink government CONSIDERABLY, then I will do everything in my power to get you elected.  Unless you have the testicular fortitude to make Chris Christie look like a eunuch; you’d better look for support elsewhere.

RightHandMan

Written by

Yeah, I tweet. If you want to follow me on Twitter, just click on the link below. I hope you do.

Filed under: Uncategorized

Comments
  • John Carey February 19, 2011 at 9:55 AM

He has finally seen the light. The problem is Washington is not going to limit their own size and authority. The states need to be the ones that rein them in. Time to redouble our efforts at the state level.
    John Carey recently posted..Rant- Don’t Trust A PoliticianMy Profile

• RightHandMan
      RightHandMan February 19, 2011 at 8:13 PM

I’m always slow. 🙂

• […] Sentry Journal has a great Friday rant. Be sure to read it all: Elected officials need to be reminded of who is in charge here. R’s behind your name mean […]

• Steve Dennis February 19, 2011 at 6:51 PM

November was a message sent to Washington that it was time for a change and the Republicans had better realize that if they do not get it together we will vote them out also. There will be plenty of newcomers to the game in 2012 looking to challenge Republican insiders and if the Republican leadership thinks they are safe they have another thing coming. We want this madness to end and if they are not up to the task we will vote for people who are!
    Steve Dennis recently posted..Republicans to introduce legislation which would stop the EPA from implementing cap and tradeMy Profile

• RightHandMan
      RightHandMan February 19, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Right. We are the deliverers of change…and they will soon come to that realization.

• Teresa February 19, 2011 at 7:20 PM

I agree that November was a message sent to Washington. I think the Republicans do get it, but only partially. Plus, they’re just too dang compromising. The only problem is that no matter what cuts the House made to the budget the likelihood of the Senate voting to pass those same cuts is slim to none. But, I do agree that there are some GOP Washington elite who need to be voted out in 2012.
    Teresa recently posted..Pittsburgh Union Thuggery- If You Thought Chicago Was BadMy Profile

• RightHandMan
      RightHandMan February 19, 2011 at 8:12 PM

Look, I know there are some good guys – mainly those who just got “Tea Partied” in. (I just made it a verb) That’s not enough, nor will it be. You’re right that the republicans are too quick to compromise – because they don’t get it. They do this every time they get into office….act as if their compromising will send a message to the public that they’re nicer than the democrats made them out to be. They think that the public will see their compromising nature as a strength…that we want to see unity. That’s not the case… WE WANT TO REPRESENTATION!

Those republicans who voted this down were likely calculating a response to the eventual shutdown that is likely to come in the coming weeks. They probably feel that they will score some political points by claiming they weren’t being extreme in their demands. The problem is that $100 billion isn’t extreme; it should be the low ball compromise. Even still, I wouldn’t be happy because you can’t play gentile with the turkey after you’ve got him by the neck.

• Trestin Meacham February 20, 2011 at 1:26 AM

I will believe the Republicans are serious about the budget when they tackle Social Security and Medicare. Until they deal with the real ticking time bombs all of this is window dressing.
    Trestin Meacham recently posted..HUNGER PAINSMy Profile

• […] Union Thug Arrested For Trying To Sabotage Tea Party Sound SystemA Conversation with Old Man WinterRant: Don’t Trust a Politician. Mr. Jackson goes to WisconsinObama’s Purple Thug Army Mobilizes. Will You?A Letter to The […]

• KingShamus February 20, 2011 at 9:40 AM

Just to bring in another AceofSpades idea: We only need 218 GOP congresscritters, plus a few more as spares and back-up. That’s it. The Senate is a different story, but whatever.

This past week has been pretty ugly. Tea Party Patriots, it’s time to roll up those sleeves again.
    KingShamus recently posted..Can beer be gayMy Profile

• Martin February 20, 2011 at 7:57 PM

I’m so damn tired of voting for the lesser of two evils. Evil is evil. I don’t give a darn what letter a politico has behind his name. I became a precinct committeeman last year for the Republicans, but I’m not sure the party is salvageable. Grrrrrr.

I’ve always voted for the person, but haven’t been able to find a reasonable Democrat in over 20 years. Unfortunately it seem like the Republicans are nearly as bad – maybe worse because they pretend to be different.

Martin recently posted..The Ladies of Boston Stage a Coffee PartyMy Profile