SENTRY JOURNAL » Uncategorized » Late Friday Night Ramblings: Trump

Late Friday Night Ramblings: Trump

This past week there was a great deal of talk about Donald Trump and his possible run for the presidency in 2012.  His raw and straight forward talk is capturing the attention of many as he has blasted holes in Obama’s policies.  He is oozing with self confidences and the people are feeling it.  The one thing Mr. Trump is an opportunist who knows what sells and understands the “Art of the deal.”  It’s one of his greatest strengths.   I was asked if I thought he had a chance to win the Republican nomination and possibly even the presidency and my answer is absolutely.  I don’t say this because I’m a fan of the successful real estate mogul; I say it because Americans are getting tired of politicians and they desire something different.  They’re tired of Ivy League hacks that are out of touch with the issues that matter to the average American.  They’re tired of politicians talking out of both sides of their mouth.  They’re tired of empty promises.  They tired of debt and out of control spending.  They’re tired of kicking the entitlement can down the road.  They’re looking for an honest discussion that offers real solutions and they’re not finding in Washington these days.  Americans are looking for a winner and Donald Trump is the poster child of winning.  What you see is what you get and this is a refreshing change for most Americans.  He is who he is with no apologies.

We have all seen this current administration apologize to the world for America being America.  We’ve had to stomach watching our President bow down to world leaders who have very little love for America.  We have become frustrated with a government that ignores the will of the people and presses forward with an oppressive agenda that threatens our liberties.  We have had enough of the political games and rhetoric.  We’re tired of losing.  Americans are ready for a win and this is why I feel Donald Trump has a solid chance in this race.  Not because he is the most qualified or even the smartest; but because he is indeed a winner.

I know many may disagree with this assessment, but the one thing you can’t disagree with is that Donald Trump is quickly becoming a force to be reckoned with in the political arena and it’s not because he has a history of losing.  It’s because we’re ready for a winner and Donald Trump is a winner like it or not.

Filed under: Uncategorized · Tags: , , , , , ,

Comments
  • […] Late Friday Night Ramblings: Trump […]

• Trestin April 16, 2011 at 11:01 AM

I like the idea of an outsider, but I don’t think trump is what we need. I don’t see him surrendering executive power. Remember the video you showed a while back about the planners and how the people wanted someone that would get a plan done? It reminds me of trump.
    Trestin recently posted..THE SIMI VALLEY MELTDOWNMy Profile

• John Carey April 16, 2011 at 11:07 AM

Indeed, and that’s exactly where we are heading Trestin. As I said I’m not a fan of Trump. I don’t agree with many of his positions, but that doesn’t matter in the age of sound bites and voter frustration. We need another George Washington type, we’ll end up with someone who looks good on TV. This is because Americans are for the most part ignorant in regards to our current political system and issues we face. They are now at a point where they are getting frustrated with the entire system and this is why people like Donald Trump are looking better and better all the time. They want a winner and winning is what Donald Trump is all about. Thanks for the comments.
      John Carey recently posted..Late Friday Night Ramblings- TrumpMy Profile

• RandyG April 16, 2011 at 12:35 PM

Glad to see you back John, I am not a big fan of Trump either but he knows what buttons to push.
    RandyG recently posted..Algore Compares Global Warming To Civil Rights MovementMy Profile

• John Carey April 16, 2011 at 8:36 PM

I’m glad to be back. I agree that he knows what buttons to push and he’s pushing them.

• Colin April 16, 2011 at 12:52 PM

I have mixed feelings on Trump. Having read his biography, I am a big admirer of the man, he is a go-getter and the embodiment of a successful American – not his riches or his fame, but the unceasing desire to actually be successful, the will to do what it takes to get the job done. There is a lot to admire about the man.

But there is also a lot to shun. He is a braggart. He comes off as pompous a lot of the time. And his embodiment of success can be a detraction in today’s class warfare society.

• John Carey April 16, 2011 at 8:42 PM

I’m not really a fan of Trump but you have to give him props when it comes to selling an idea. He has had a successful career doing exactly that.

• Jim at Conservatives On Fire April 16, 2011 at 3:57 PM

If my only two choices are Trump or Obama, I choose Trump. But this guy has played for both sides. Where does he really stand?
    Jim at Conservatives On Fire recently posted..Reclaiming the Republic from DemocracyMy Profile

• John Carey April 16, 2011 at 8:44 PM

I agree, we really need to take a deep look at the man and his positions on key issues. I’m with you, if it comes down between Obama and Trump I will reluctantly vote for Trump.

• Teresa April 17, 2011 at 12:41 AM

I have mixed feelings on Trump running for president. I need to look more into his positions on the issues. Overall I like him, though. He has a history of being a successful businessman which is good. In addition he seems to be ready to stand up for America and is proud of America, which is something we desperately need instead of the person who is the White House now who apologizes for America and wants to remake America.
    Teresa recently posted..Does the US Have a Policy on the Muslim BrotherhoodMy Profile

• John Carey April 17, 2011 at 8:40 PM

I don’t really have mixed feelings about him. I’m not a fan at all. He like Obama is an opportunist; however if I had to choose between the two I would vote for Trump over Obama all day long because Obama is a radical leftist that wants to impose his will on us.
      John Carey recently posted..Teeing it Up- A Round at the LINKsMy Profile

• Mike April 17, 2011 at 11:40 AM

I’m not sure about the Donald. I agree that he’s a winner, but if you remember, we had another “winner” who ran for President and pretty much just split the Conservative vote. Who’d we end up with after that fiasco twice?
    Mike recently posted..Have You Been Grocery Shopping LatelyMy Profile

• John Carey April 17, 2011 at 8:45 PM

I worry about the same thing Mike. I worry about Donald Trump splitting the conservative vote and we end up with change we can’t believe in for another four years.
      John Carey recently posted..Teeing it Up- A Round at the LINKsMy Profile

• David Lemon April 17, 2011 at 12:13 PM

I love your thinking John.. so much so, that I’ve sub’d your blog.. thank you for your well worded wisdom.
    David Lemon recently posted..Commission – Oh Man What a DayMy Profile

• KingShamus April 17, 2011 at 7:12 PM

If the Right handles him correctly, Trump can be very useful. He doesn’t give a damn if he pisses off St. Barry. That’s more than you can say about…ummmm…John Boehner.
    KingShamus recently posted..The Babes Of “Fast Five”My Profile

• Maggie@MaggiesNotebook April 17, 2011 at 10:53 PM

I agree with you John. The man is a dynamo. Someone has to say these things. Will we ever forget the suggestion that China needs to pay for the privilege of doing business with the U.S.? Yes, they hold our but they also cheat their currency, and God only knows what else.

I don’t think he will prevail – may not even run, but he is doing us a service right now. Once again, Karl Rove is wrong! Of course, if Trump runs as an Independent it will be a disaster.
    Maggie@MaggiesNotebook recently posted..Review Atlas Shrugged The Movie Part IMy Profile

• John Carey April 18, 2011 at 6:19 AM

Thanks for the comment Maggie. We shall see where the Trump train takes us. Karl Rove is part of the problem. He’s part of the Republican establishment. Quick to compromise his principle for the sake of holding on to power. And they call him the architect. Of what?
      John Carey recently posted..Teeing it Up- A Round at the LINKsMy Profile

• theCL April 18, 2011 at 10:48 AM

They want a winner … knows what buttons to push … a go-getter … “

Of F.A. Hayek’s many important contributions, chapter 10 of “The Road to Serfdom” is one of his most vital – “Why the Worst Get on Top.” Hayek warns of the “can-do” leader as he explains why in politics, the “scum always rises to the top.”

Anyone who is even considering voting for Trump, please read Hayek first. You can find it free on the Internet. Read 3 times. Consider the consequences. If you believe in liberty, a “can-do” politician should scare the crap out of you.

If you want to know more about Trump’s politics, please visit my blog and read “Donald Trump 2012.” Trump is everything conservatives claim to be against.
    theCL recently posted..Best Read 04-10 – 04-16-2011My Profile

• John Carey April 18, 2011 at 5:54 PM

Thanks for the comments CL. As I stated I’m not a fan of Trump. Hell I don’t even think he should be hinting at running. I’m just pointing out based on my conversations with people why I believe he has become such a force. Regardless of what we personally think of the man he conveys a winning attitude and people are drawn to a winner. I’m not disagreeing with you about him, I think we should exercise caution when it comes to this man. He could be more trouble down the road.
      John Carey recently posted..Case of the Mundays – Hag Pesach!My Profile