SENTRY JOURNAL » Uncategorized » Searching for something real

Searching for something real

Why does Sarah Palin drive the left so crazy? Why do they attack her academic credentials, her intelligence, and even her family? In my opinion I believe it’s because she’s real. What I mean by this is with her what you see is what you get and this drives the left absolutely bonkers. She’s grounded in strong conservative principles, unwavering in her faith, and devoted to her family; all that the far left abhors and fears. And finally she connects with the conservative base and this troubles the establishment.

The base doesn’t view her as another out of touch politician who doesn’t understand their struggles. In fact they view her as one of their own. In the world of politics and the double talk that comes with it, many see her as a breath of fresh air. Her unconventional ways are both attractive and unnerving to the typical voter. Think about this if you would; if the establishment is against Sarah Palin and the left hates her so much that they’re willing to sink so low and attack her children one must ask why. The answer is simple; she’s real. As qualified as Mitt Romney might be, many conservatives haven’t warmed up to the idea of him being our nominee. Why is this? He looks presidential enough, has experience as a governor, and an MBA from Harvard Business School. He has filled all the blocks and on paper looks like the perfect candidate. And yet many conservatives are apprehensive about supporting him. I believe the reason for this is because he’s having a hard time connecting with the average voter. He hasn’t convinced us that he even remotely understands the struggles we face every day. We don’t get a sense that he’s real and that could spell trouble for him.

Many people simply don’t believe that he can relate to pain we’re feeling at the pumps or how rising food prices are cutting into our family budgets. We see another smooth talking politician telling us what we want to hear to get elected instead of what we need to hear. Obama mastered this technique in 2008. He promised the moon and gave us crushing debt, nine percent unemployment, and out of control spending. I’m sorry but we’re not playing this game anymore. You see we’ve change and you’re using outdated tactics. If you want my vote in 2012 you are going to need to earn it. You are going to need to convince me you’re real. You’re going to need to discard the snake oil you have been peddling and be honest with me about Medicare and Social Security. Many people are looking for a candidate who can relate to them and who they can relate to. They’re searching for something real. I don’t know about you, but lately I’ve been feeling that this next election cycle has the potential to be much different than previously elections.

In 2010 people were angry that Obamacare was rammed through overriding the will of the people. They were angry that our elected officials failed to get a handle on their out of control spending. They were angry that their voices were ignored by arrogant politicians who seemed distant and out of touch with our lives in the trenches. By November the voters were willing to do anything to shift the balance of power in Washington. They wanted to send a message and the Tea Party movement was their vehicle to bring about the change they desired. And that’s exactly what they did!  However when 2011 arrived it didn’t appear much of anything was going to change and now many are searching for answers. They’re finding their answers in the words and writings of our founders and things are slowly beginning to change. And because most politicians are out of touch with the people, they don’t even sense the change that is taking place in America. The republic is indeed on life support but with each passing day the establishment is losing their hold on the people because the people are starting to see through their games. People are waking up and 2010 had just as much to do with it as the election of Obama in 2008.

People are finally starting to understand that you can’t keep electing politicians offering false hope and empty promises. They now realize that there must be substance and action behind the words and in order for this to happen our servants must be able to relate to those they serve. Understanding and being able to relate to us is what makes them real and real is what we’re searching for in a candidate.

Filed under: Uncategorized · Tags: , , , , , , ,

Comments
  • Reaganite Republican May 31, 2011 at 1:08 AM

They’re threatened by her, that’s for sure… one thing I always think of is how she demolishes the Left’s group-therapy victimhood feminism model with her record of accomplishment- and she does it with a smile.

Palin has no use for quotas and pity… she can compete with anybody, so just went right out and bopped the Alaska Ole Boys Club in the chops instead of filing a lawsuit or whining on Oprah about it lol
    Reaganite Republican recently posted..Be THEIR Hero this Memorial Day 2011My Profile

• John Carey May 31, 2011 at 9:39 PM

She is indeed a unique sort and tough as nail. Thanks for the comment RR.

• Steve Dennis May 31, 2011 at 5:34 AM

Sarah Palin does drive the left crazy and there is a reason for it; they are afraid of her. And I think you are right about the reason why; they feel that she connects with people in a way that most politicians do not and they want to bring her down because they feel she can win.
    Steve Dennis recently posted..Memorial Day 2011My Profile

• John Carey May 31, 2011 at 9:40 PM

She does connect with the people whereas typical politicians are losing that connection. People just aren’t buying the lies anymore.

• Trestin Meacham May 31, 2011 at 8:14 AM

Right now, she is in my top three. I have some concerns about here record, but like you say, she is real. She is small town, she hunts. In many ways she is just like all the people I grew up with.
    Trestin Meacham recently posted..WHAT AM IMy Profile

• John Carey May 31, 2011 at 9:41 PM

Same here Trestin. A number of my friends see her as a real person with real problems and real concerns.

• Country Thinker June 1, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Tell me, who would be more real: First Gentleman (?) Todd Palin, or First Lady Michelle Obama? Who would you rather have a beer with?

Trestin, I’m still having trouble posting comments on your blog. I’m reading, but am unable to participate in discussions. Perhaps it’s on my end, but yours is the only site I’m having problems with.

• Infidel de Manahatta May 31, 2011 at 8:15 AM

The left hate her because they can’t control her. Liberalism is all about controlling the people.
    Infidel de Manahatta recently posted..Weiner Exposed!My Profile

• John Carey May 31, 2011 at 9:42 PM

You are correct Manhattan. The progressives are all about control and when they can’t control it, they target it.

• Bunkerville May 31, 2011 at 8:16 AM

The ruling class has total contempt for the working class. Those who live in rural America, who feed their families, who supply their energy. In otherwords, keep them alive. They too shall have their day,
    Bunkerville recently posted..Bernadine Dohrn- ‘Dying America great time for a Revolution’My Profile

• John Carey May 31, 2011 at 9:49 PM

I never could wrap my brain around why the elites abhor the working class so much. Now when I say elite I don’t necessarily mean the rich. Elitism is a mindset where they believe they are all knowing and we’re less than them.

• Silverfiddle May 31, 2011 at 9:08 AM

I love how she unhinges the left! Mitt Romney is ok, too statist for my tastes, but if he gets the nomination, I’ll vote for him. Some pundit said the problem with Romney is he looks like the manager that fired you. It’s funny, but it’s too bad we are so hung up on personality stuff that has not relevance to being president.
    Silverfiddle recently posted..Supermans Dead- Happy Memorial DayMy Profile

• John Carey May 31, 2011 at 9:54 PM

I think it’s all about perception and right now there are a number of people that make up the base who perceive Mitt Romney as an elitist. This is what a larger segment of the folks want to steer away from.

• John Galt May 31, 2011 at 10:15 AM

I agree with your assessment of why the left is so frantic about Sarah Palin, “because she is real”.
    In this age of teleprompters, posturings, and cynical half-truths ( or unashamedly full lies), one would think that a “real” politician would have a chance, but sadly that isn’t so. The media and the press agents will win over the true.
    I sincerely hope that Sarah Palin could win over all these dark forces. She has a very good chance in the primaries and we would have to see if The People can rally for authenticity versus sophistry after that.
    John Galt recently posted..Susie Citizen Runs for CongressMy Profile

• John Carey May 31, 2011 at 9:56 PM

My hope is that no matter who the nominee is they will be authentic. I know it’s a great deal to ask for but I can hope.

• fleeceme May 31, 2011 at 4:30 PM

You mean a round of golf on Memorial Day is not the way for the C-I-C to “keep it real”?

A lot of peeps have problems with Palin, but no one can truly articulate them, they just have a dislike for her – and I am speaking about conservatives. I don’t understand it myself. She is a helluva a lot better than practically every choice besides Allen West, who I wish would run. He is my number one choice hands down! Wanna talk about someone who is real!

• John Carey May 31, 2011 at 9:59 PM

I think they just jump on the bandwagon when it comes to Palin even if they don’t know why Colin. It’s easier to be sheep than to lead. Leadership means you must be able to think for yourself. Unfortunately many cannot.

• Matt May 31, 2011 at 10:02 PM

I wasn’t a Palin fan from day one. I don’t hate her, mind you, but I’ve never gotten any sense of “wow” from her. Back when she was chosen by mcCain, I was posting on a forum run by a bigwig, Richard A. Viguerie. He ran an article the next day, titled, “She’s Perfect.” My natural skepticism likely took over, but I’ve never thought her to be the next big thing.

That, and the MSM has done such a great job on her, the moderates hate her.
      Matt recently posted..The Socialist Elites Have Lost Control of the Leviathan They CreatedMy Profile

• Rachel Hahn May 31, 2011 at 4:32 PM

As Lars Larsson once said, “Obama’s brother is arrested on pedophile rape charges, but the media doesn’t air any of the news… Meanwhile, Sarah Palin’s second cousin rips the tag off of her mattress, making tonight’s top news story in the U.S.”

• John Carey May 31, 2011 at 10:01 PM

This is how the MSM rolls when it pertains to the right. They have this don’t sweat the big stuff mentality when it comes to the left. When the right breaks a fingernail it news. So much for the watchdogs of the republic.

• Bill589 June 1, 2011 at 3:14 AM

I predict that after four years of President Obama,
    and then eight years of President Palin –
    the phrase, “Why don’t you grow a pair?” will be about ovaries.

• Jim at Conservatives on Fire June 1, 2011 at 2:56 PM

I agree with Right Hand Man. I have been trying for a long time to understand why so many conservatives that I respect are down on Palin. I find her voice irritating but that means nothing. She seems intelligent, fast on her feet, she has principles and she never wavers, and she can take all the heat the MSM and the Democrats can throw at her , and she not afraid to confront the RINO’s.
    Jim at Conservatives on Fire recently posted..Death Panels are NICE – ReallyMy Profile

• John Galt June 1, 2011 at 8:48 PM

It is only the establishment Republicans that talk bad about her, Jim. The reason they do are all in the list you give of the qualities that you like about her, but mostly in your last correct statement, “she is not afraid to confront the RINO’s”.
      John Galt recently posted..The Donkey That Played the Flute – Part IMy Profile

• John Carey June 1, 2011 at 9:39 PM

I think alot of it has to do with the establsihment Jim. They are trying to set the tone and Palin is not part of the equation. So in very a subtile way they put her down and many conservatives are buying it. So sad we can be that easily manipulated by the Karl Roves of the party.
      John Carey recently posted..Searching for something realMy Profile

• Teresa June 2, 2011 at 7:00 PM

Sarah Palin certainly is real. She is a threat to the very idea of liberalism, or more specifically what liberals portend to be feminism. She is tough as nails and I hope that she runs for President.
    Teresa recently posted..Ultimate Undercover Operation- Ben Shapiro Gets TV Executives To Admit That Hollywood Pushes a Liberal AgendaMy Profile