SENTRY JOURNAL » Uncategorized » Friday Ramblings: Is anyone else tired of the games the Republicans are playing?

If you can’t guess by the title of the post I’m going to bash the Republicans again.  You see I’m getting tired of the games the Republicans are playing with the American people.  They are putting party politics ahead of what is good for the country as a whole and I’ll explain why.  Jim over at Conservatives on Fire wrote an excellent article titled “Economic Freedom In The US_ What Are The House Republicans Waiting For?”  Jim’s article highlights his own frustration with House Republicans and their inability to act.  Below is an excerpt from the article.

Folks, something needs to be done to stop our economic decline and it needs to be done now. It can’t wait until 2013.  Yes, I know the Republicans control only one branch of government.  I understand that they are limited in what they can do. But, that doesn’t mean they have to sit on their hands until after the next election cycle.

Jim’s frustration is not an isolated feeling in conservative circles.  Many conservatives are starting to beat the same drum.  I was talking to a friend today and he too expressed the same concerns.  Where are the Republicans?  If country is in such dire straits then why aren’t the Republicans holding their ground to do the work of the people?  We hear over and over that the Republicans can only do so much because they only control one part of one branch of government.  This is the line they have peddled to the masses.  They need more victories in 2012 to repeal Obamacare.  They need more power to stop Obama and his radical agenda.  They need more Republicans to rein in the EPA and the FCC.  They need us to go out there and vote Republican because it’s the only way we can stop this madman steering the American experiment off a cliff.  Over and over again hear the same old tired rhetoric that preaches that the only way to solve our problems is vote more Republicans into office.  They’re selling us a bag of crap and sadly some in our conservative circles have bought into it.   I contend this nothing more than a game they’re playing with the American people.  They’re painting themselves as a helpless lot that can only slow down Obama’s radical agenda.  I say balderdash to that notion.

Here’s why I believe the Republicans are playing games with the people.  You see the Republicans are in control of the House and the House belongs to the people.  They have the power to defund just about any government program.  They have the power to force the hand of the Senate and the President.  They are the only body that controls purse strings.  If they truly wanted to stop an over reaching EPA, Net Neutrality, the FCC, ObamaCare, and the pilfering of our treasury they indeed have the power and authority to do so.  Additionally the Republicans control this body of government by a large margin so they have plenty of room to pass legislation without needing all party members on board and yet we are to believe they’re so helpless to stop anything.  Sorry folks but I’m just not buying it.  They have had this power since January and virtually nothing has changed.

From day one they worked hard to create the illusion that they were limited in what they could accomplish, because after all they only controlled the House.  We heard sound bite after sound bite as Republican leadership stepped up to the podium to tell us just how powerless they were.  The words were masterfully delivered to create this grand deception of helplessness and many conservative bought it.  We were coming off the high of a massive Democratic loss only a few short months earlier.  We wanted to believe that Republicans were telling us was the truth.  Jim in his article addressed the point on how the Republican sales pitch is weak; however I guess it depends on what you’re trying to sell.  He ends his article with the following assessment.

Is it possible that the House Republicans are playing politics with the economic well-being of Americans?  By this I mean, are they afraid to do anything that would have a positive effect on the economy before the elections of 2012, because they fear that Obama would get the credit? I hope that is not the case. I firmly believe that if the idea were properly sold to the American public, they would throw their support behind the Republicans. We just need some good salesmen.

Folks this is exactly what they’re doing.  They need you to vote Republican and they’re playing games to get you to pull the lever for them.  I’m personally sick of it.  Our problems run deep and we are on the edge of bringing down our great country.  I didn’t vote for political games, I voted for sound solutions.  It’s time we let them know that we’re on to their games and they had better get to the work of the people.  It’s time we let them know that they do indeed have the power; it takes leadership to use it.

Filed under: Uncategorized · Tags: , , , , ,

Comments
  • RandyG July 8, 2011 at 8:04 AM

Any House Republican who votes for a higher debt ceiling without massive cuts in Government deserves to hit the unemployment line. They have the numbers, Barry has to fold.
    RandyG recently posted..Unemployed?My Profile

• Jim at Conservatives on Fire July 8, 2011 at 10:01 AM

You said it better than I ever could, John. Politics as usual is not going to save this country.
    Thanks for this article and thanks for the link.
    Jim at Conservatives on Fire recently posted..Three for One, Today Only or Maybe NotMy Profile

• stfieb July 8, 2011 at 10:53 AM

Neither side is allowing this crisis to go to waste. It is all about power and has been for some time. It has been a long time since the politicians in Washington had the interests of the American people in mind.

• theCL July 8, 2011 at 1:52 PM

Is it possible that the House Republicans are playing politics with the economic well-being of Americans?

Well, it’s worse than that. While there may be some technical differences between the 2 parties, they both share the same underlying philosophy regarding the state. Study the history of the Republican Party and the conservative movement. The “grassroots vs. Establishment” problem we have today goes back more than a century. The “grassroots” btw, has never won, yet each election they get bolder in support of the Republican Party.

The real answers reside outside partisan politics, outside conventional wisdom, and outside popularity polls. Real answers require us to stop looking for “leaders” from without, and to start looking within ourselves. Real answers require not faith in politics, but in the deep cynicism of our forefathers.

Once “We the People” change, Washington will follow. But if we wait, looking for “leadership” from Washington politicians … serfdom is the only place we can go.
    theCL recently posted..Why Be Libertarian?My Profile

• Infidel de Manahatta July 8, 2011 at 2:55 PM

The Rhino, sorry, the Republicans, just don’t want the Democrats to stop inviting them to the social parties where they can meet hollywood celebrities.

It’s the old Republican self-loathing, “oh why can’t I be smart like the Democrats. They have such cool friends” syndrome.
    Infidel de Manahatta recently posted..Announcing the First Annual Manhattan Infidel Rock & Roll Fantasy Camp!My Profile

• John Carey July 8, 2011 at 10:47 PM

I have heard that when then cameras are off they’re all just good old friends laughing it up. When the cameras go back on they put on their stage face and perform for the people. CL is correct when he states there is really very little difference between the two parties anymore. The whole debt ceiling debate is nothing but a show for the masses. Each side getting in their talking points for their constituents. My guess is that they hammered out some compromise a few weeks ago behind closed doors and what we’re seeing is only a show. Just watch in see how we get screwed when the dust settles.
      John Carey recently posted..Friday Ramblings: Is anyone else tired of the games the Republicans are playing?My Profile

• Adrienne July 8, 2011 at 3:59 PM

@ stfieb & theCL – what you guys said squared…
    Adrienne recently posted..Left or Right?…My Profile

• Matt July 8, 2011 at 8:32 PM

We have too many RINOS, statists, and people representing a countless number of “isms” in Washington, and no one that represents “us.”
    Matt recently posted..Tolerating Socialists if There Were Any For Real?My Profile

• Steve Dennis July 8, 2011 at 9:01 PM

I am afraid that you and Jim are right. The Republicans do not want to hand Barack Obama what would be considered a victory before the election because their main concern is gaining more power. This is disgusting; I often write about Democrats putting the party ahead of the country, but the Republicans are guilty of this as well.
    As you said, while the Republicans only control the House the fact is that this is a powerful position to hold because they could defund any of these programs and agencies that they claim to be against, yet they lack the political courage to do it.

• rjjrdq July 8, 2011 at 11:49 PM

I can only think of a small handful of Republicans that are actually doing what they said they would do in Washington. You’re not bashing them, you’re holding their feet to the fire-as agreed to in November.
    rjjrdq recently posted..Economists Botch Job OutlookMy Profile

• […] Sentry Journal – Friday Ramblings: Is anyone else tired of the games the Republicans are playing? […]

• Teresa July 9, 2011 at 1:31 PM

I agree that the elitists, statists, and the leaders of the GOP do not have the citizens best interest at heart but the others I’m not so sure. I’m hesitant to make a blanket statement that the other Reps are putting politics over what’s best for the country. I think that some may be worried about public perception also, not looking like they are the ones who made the country default because ya know that’s how the media would spin it.
    Teresa recently posted..Oh My! Guess Who Got Illegal Money From HUD?My Profile

• John Carey July 9, 2011 at 10:54 PM

Teresa I would agree that not all the Republicans are sell outs; however their numbers are so few that are insignificant in the scheme of it all. The party is still controlled by RINOs and the establishment and this is who this post is targeting because currently they are the Republican Party. They can either get with the program or their days are numbered. We need to make life very difficult for those willing to compromise our future in 2012.
      John Carey recently posted..Video: Minot Flood; putting things into perspectiveMy Profile

• Trestin July 9, 2011 at 8:13 PM

They had better stand their ground on this debt ceiling. If they don’t, 2012 will look a lot different.
    Trestin recently posted..LIVING WITH MARXMy Profile

• Robo-Love Saturday - Godspeed Atlantis July 10, 2011 at 12:44 PM

[…] Friday Ramblings: Is anyone else tired of the games the Republicans are playing? […]