SENTRY JOURNAL » Sarah Palin, Uncategorized » Friday Ramblings: Is Sarah Palin Organizing the Conservative Community?

Friday Ramblings: Is Sarah Palin Organizing the Conservative Community?

What’s Sarah Palin up to?  Is she going to announce her candidacy for President or is she going to sit this one out?  What’s going on with her bus tour?  Is she nothing more than an attention seeker hell-bent on stealing the limelight from the legitimate Presidential candidates or sincere about raising the awareness level of the American people on a number of issues that we’re facing as a nation.  The left attacks her over and over calling her dumb and shallow.  The right says she’s not Presidential.  The left targets her family.  The right believes she’s too polarizing.  Each day she is bombarded with a variety insults and thoughtless comments from both sides and yet she continues to stand firm.  She appears to be purpose driven and undaunted in her quest to change the narrative of the national conversation.  So what is her game?  What is she really up to?  Why does she drive the left so crazy and puzzle so many so called conservatives?  The answer I came up with just might surprise you.

The first step in piecing the Sarah Palin puzzle together is to break down why the left absolutely loathes her.  In order to do this I had to go back in my “way back machine” to 2008 when she first found her way to the national stage.  When I first watched her I found she was very genuine.  There was something different about her as compared to typical Washington politicians.  She spoke in plain English and was confident with what she said.  Her words struck a chord in people.  No matter where she went her crowds grew larger.  People wanted to hear what this plain speaking conservative had to say.  The left immediately recognized the danger.  They realized very quickly that unless they neutralized her she could grow into a force that might sweep them completely from power.  So they launched an all out assault on her and her family.   They carpet bombed the airways with negative remarks about her until it slowly began to take hold.  Even after the election was over the MSM continued its attacks.  This tactic was designed to reinforce the narrative they had carefully weaved about Sarah Palin. When she returned to Alaska she found herself in a constant state scrutiny after accusations of ethics violations were levied against her.  So finally in 2009 she decided to step down as governor of Alaska and embark on a new journey.  I listened to her speech the day she resigned.  She spoke of her support for the military, the bias of the MSM, and the good people of Alaska.  I couldn’t wrap my brain around why the left was so determined to destroy this woman.  The reason I couldn’t see it at the time is because I was thinking like a conservative.  In order to understand the left’s disdain for Sarah Palin, I had to step out of my comfort zone and view her through the eyes of the left.

You see the left is governed by emotions.  They are agitators, activists, and community organizers.  They are an emotionally charged group who understands the power of a mob mentality.  They dismiss logic and reason and embrace rainbows and unicorns.  So when Sarah Palin was exciting the crowds back in 2008 they quickly realized she had the stuff.  She has the charisma to inspire people with her words and her words were an indictment of the flawed progressive ideology that is destroying our institutions.  She has the ability to convey the founding principles of liberty and organize the people.  She proved this during the 2010 elections and quickly became a Tea Party favorite to speak at a number of rallies.  She became the essence of what the left fears the most; a polarizing conservative community organizer.  And this is the main reason she is so puzzling for many on the right.

You see we on the right tend to see things in black and white.  Because we are conservative we sometimes find it difficult to understand community organizers and activists; it’s not in our DNA.  We embrace a live and let live mentality while celebrating individualism and rejecting collectivism.  We live by the rules and believe in fair play.  So when we see Sarah Palin running around the country on a campaign style bus tour, the last thing that enters our mind is she’s actually playing the role of a community organizer.  She is cleverer than many give her credit for.  After withstanding an avalanche of criticism from both the left and right, and the MSM, she still has everyone playing the guessing game.  She has turned the tables on the MSM and is using them to achieve her goals.  In my opinion she has completely out maneuvered both sides and remains three steps ahead of the game.  I think what she’s doing is absolutely brilliant.

She’s driving the left crazy and keeping the attention on her while the other candidates establish themselves and criticize Obama’s record.  You see Sarah Palin is indeed a polarizing force and this is the kind of force that charges up the base.  She’s calling the President’s policies socialistic and this is the kind of language that charges up the base.   She has already told us in her own words she is not campaigning.

“This isn’t a campaign bus,” Palin said, according to reports. “This is a bus to be able to express to America how much we appreciate our foundation and to invite more people to be interested in all that is good about America and to remind ourselves we don’t need to fundamentally transform America, we need to restore what’s good about America.”

Does this sound like someone getting ready to run for President or someone organizing the conservative community?  I believe it’s the latter.

Check out this excerpt from the Huffington Post.

“Even though the media too often sadly chose sound-bites over substance, they did get lots of substance during our ‘One Nation’ tour from the nearly two dozen opportunities I got to speak candidly with them and talk about policy, politics, history, and everything in between. More importantly, I got to talk with countless everyday Americans who want to get our country back on the right track.”

More importantly, I got to talk with countless everyday Americans who want to get our country back.”  That says it all in my opinion.  She knows that she’s a polarizing figure and she also understands polarizing figures sometimes struggle on the national level.  But the one thing polarizing figures do quite well is charge up their base and she realizes that no matter who the nominee is, they will need the base to beat Obama.  I personally do not believe she is going to run, but in politics nothing is ever a sure thing.  I feel that she’s settling into her role as a conservative community organizer and will wield a great deal of influence in the 2012 elections.

Lastly, the one person who I feel understands what Sarah Palin is up to is President Obama.  After all he went on his own bus tour through Iowa shortly after Palin left the state.  And in the end a community organizer can definitely relate to another community organizer; especially one organizing on his turf.

Filed under: Sarah Palin, Uncategorized · Tags: , , , , , , ,

Comments
  • LD Jackson August 26, 2011 at 4:50 AM

You make a compelling case for Sarah Palin as a community organizer, instead of a presidential candidate. Wouldn’t it be something if she was able to influence the fight against Obama, using his own tactics?
    LD Jackson recently posted..Perry Shakes Up GOP RaceMy Profile

• John Carey August 26, 2011 at 6:48 AM

I think this is exactly what she is doing Larry. She’s using his own tactics against him and he recognizes it. For conservatives like you and me, it’s confusing because it comes across as if she is not playing by the rules and it’s because she’s not. She’s following the rule book of a community organizer. This is makes her so unpredictable and why many conservatives do not view her as Presidential. However to the left, they see a strong conservative voice firing up the base. Time will tell.
      John Carey recently posted..Friday Ramblings: Is Sarah Palin Organizing the Conservative Community? My Profile

• Steve Dennis August 26, 2011 at 5:28 AM

An interesting conclusion John and I think you might be on to something. She is keeping the base united and motivated while the candidates get out there on their campaigns. I think if she were actually going to run for president she would have jumped in already.
    Steve Dennis recently posted..Ovide Lamontagne hints at a run for governor of New HampshireMy Profile

• John Carey August 26, 2011 at 6:55 AM

I agree Steve. It takes a great deal of backing and money to run for President and so far she has not been to concerned about getting the backing she needs. Her focus appears to be talking to people about the principles of liberty and pointing out why Obama is a threat to it. If she was going to run, she would have thrown her hat in the ring by now. So if she is not campaigning, what is she doing? The obvious answer for me is she is organizing the conservative community. She knows that the base is not very excited about the crop of candidates the process has put forward. She also knows that Obama is terrible for the country and must be defeated. So the one thing she can do is to get the base excited about defeating Obama not matter who the nominee is and as I said I think it’s absolutely brilliant.

• Adrienne August 26, 2011 at 9:14 AM

Excellent assessment. It will give me something to think about today.

As to the MSM’s hatchet job? My 70+ year old aunt is coming out from Minnesota to visit next week. She is of the ilk that only reads the commie rags such as the Pioneer Press and Minneapolis Star-Trib. She has never had a computer and probably never will (unless I can convert her on this visit 😉 and she loathes Sarah. Why? I have no idea other than MSM influence and living in the Twin Cities, a strong- hold of liberal leftie loonies.

I plan to find out what she bases her hatred on while she’s here. If nothing else she does listen to reason and maybe I can do a bit of gently applied logic.

• Adrienne August 26, 2011 at 9:16 AM

OK – now that was fun. I hit “post comment” and the page slithered rapidly down to the post. So I’m leaving another one just so I can see that again. It’s wonderful to be a simple soul who is easily amused.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee……

• Jim at Conservatives on Fire August 26, 2011 at 2:31 PM

A very interesting perspective, John. As you know, I am oone of the few who think Sarah would make a fine President. But, if she decides her role is to be the motivating force behind the conservative movement, I say Go For It, Sarah!
    Jim at Conservatives on Fire recently posted..Who are the Enemies of Freedom? _ Who are the Defenders of Freedom? The Role of Ron PaulMy Profile

• John Carey August 26, 2011 at 9:59 PM

I think she would make a fine President; however I’m in the minority on that one. I do believe she has a role to play in regards to advancing the conservative message. I also believe she is beginning to embrace this her role as a force that ignites the conservative base. She knows how important it is for the base to be excited about the election whether it is for her or some other candidate.

• Trestin August 26, 2011 at 2:43 PM

I hope she does get into the race. It would make a lot of people think twice about the Perry bandwagon.
    Trestin recently posted..Weekend Trivia #6My Profile

• RandyG August 27, 2011 at 8:23 AM

I think she is just raising awareness, Although I think she loves driving the media and left crazy. I love her but she will never get the nomination. Whoever she backs will likely win though. Just my thoughts.
    RandyG recently posted..Friday Nite FunniesMy Profile

• John Galt August 27, 2011 at 2:16 PM

Great up to date review of what Sarah Palin is and what she is up to.
    I particularly like her explanation that we need “to invite more people to be interested in all that is good about America and to remind ourselves we don’t need to fundamentally transform America, we need to restore what’s good about America.”

I don’t see her as “community organizer'” in the Obama sense, but more as a “king Maker”. That function can determine the Republican candidate in the primaries, and the probable next President of the US.

It is also important to emphasize what she is not. She is not a spoiler nor a “narcissist”. She wisely knows – as she told the Tea Party before the 2010 elections – that a third party is the actions of men that do not care about the country but about themselves. She knows the dangers of a third party and will keep the Tea Party from playing that fool’s game.

Great post, John
    John Galt recently posted..Beware of a Liberal Fifth Column – A Conservative Third Party.My Profile

• John Carey August 28, 2011 at 11:22 AM

Thanks for the comments John. I do see her as a king maker but I also see her as an organizer in a sense. Part of organizing is rallying the community to get up and advance the conservative cause. She does this by exciting the conservative community by painting a picture of a better America; an America that gets back to the basics the founders envisioned. A simple way of living with less government and more liberties. Yes she will indeed be a king maker, but in my opinion this only happens of the conservative community is excited and organized to act on her suggestions.
      John Carey recently posted..Teeing it up: A Round at the LINKsMy Profile

• Teresa August 27, 2011 at 7:06 PM

Excellent analysis! I believe you have hit the nail on the head here John. Sarah Palin is organizing and exciting the conservative base. We need to get our base out in big numbers this election. Last election GOP turnout was down. Plus, Sarah got ticked off at Rove and others who claimed that she must be running because of her schedule and other indicators.
    Teresa recently posted..Sick Of ENDO – Here Are Some Funny Cat VideosMy Profile

• John Carey August 28, 2011 at 11:35 AM

I believe this is exactly what she’s doing Teresa. She understands the power of organizing a community. About a year and half ago she sat down with Glenn Beck and discussed the importance of energizing the base and getting people back to the basics. She is just following through with what she discussed with him. I cannot believe I didn’t see this sooner.
      John Carey recently posted..Teeing it up: A Round at the LINKsMy Profile

• Mike August 27, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Great synopsis John and I believe you’re right. I think Sarah’s following in Jim DeMint’s footsteps as a “king maker”, so to speak. Just as an endorsement from DeMint puts a candidate over the top, so would an endorsement from Sarah Palin, as was proved in the recent 2010 elections.
    Mike recently posted..Global Warming Alarmists Going Cookoo Over IreneMy Profile

• John Carey August 28, 2011 at 11:37 AM

She will wield a great deal of influence Mike and she knows it. In my opinion she will become the most power force in the Republican Party and the conservative movement and this scares the hell out of the left and the establishment.
      John Carey recently posted..Teeing it up: A Round at the LINKsMy Profile