SENTRY JOURNAL » Uncategorized » Ron Paul on Freedom Watch with Andrew Napolitano: A Revolution of Ideas

Ron Paul on Freedom Watch with Andrew Napolitano: A Revolution of Ideas

Ron Paul was interviewed by Andrew Napolitano on Freedom Watch. I do understand a number of conservatives have a problem with Ron Paul’s foreign policy positions, however he is absolutely spot-on when it comes to the free market vs central planning and whether you support him or not these are issues we need to address.  At one point in the interview he said we need a revolution of ideas; how true.  Below is a clip of his interview with Judge Napolitano.

YouTube Preview Image

Central economic planning is the problem.  It is the driving force behind our weak dollar, the reason businesses are so unsettled about the future, and what is fueling are dismal economic performance.  When it only takes a few hours to open a business in China as compared to a few weeks in America, something has gone terribly wrong.  It’s time for a revolution of ideas.

Filed under: Uncategorized · Tags: , , , ,

Comments
  • nader paul kucinich gravel mckinney baldwin ventura sheehan September 7, 2011 at 7:54 AM

So you children of the world listen to what I say
    If you want a better place to live spread the word today
    Show the world that love is still alive you must be brave
    Or you children of today are children of the grave

• Silverviddle September 7, 2011 at 8:27 AM

Two brilliant men. You are spot on about central economic planning being the root of our problems. Hayek called the idea that a cabal of eggheads could better direct an economy than the free actions of free people in a free market, “The Fatal Conceit.”

It was true when he wrote it and it is still true today. That is the beauty of the Austrian School. Unlike monetarism, Keynesianism and Socialism, it stands the test of time, because its ideas are founded in fundamental truths.
    Silverviddle recently posted..The Psychological Projection of the Left is StunningMy Profile

• Infidel de Manahatta September 7, 2011 at 8:52 AM

China? Capitalist. America? Socialist? Have I awaken in the Bizzaro world?
    Infidel de Manahatta recently posted..With Fall of Gadhafi, Secret Police Scramble to AdjustMy Profile

• Jim at Conservatives on Fire September 7, 2011 at 11:06 AM

I wish more conservatives would listen to what Ron Paul has to say, John. He is right on so many issues.
    Jim at Conservatives on Fire recently posted..There Really Is No Honor Among ThievesMy Profile

• John Galt September 7, 2011 at 1:22 PM

Ron Paul is right in many domestic economic and civil liberty issues, but that not a President make.
    Almost all conservative candidates have equal or better economic plans than Ron Paul, in the sense that they have gone out on a limb with specific “practical” proposals. Ron Paul is still talking in dreamy generalities.

But the United States is the leader nation of the world. We cannot hide behind a wall, as Paul wants us. Doing that will make us poorer and any domestic economic policy won’t be enough to keep our progress and status in the world (something that Ron Paul seemingly doesn’t care about).

Ron Paul’s unreal isolationism can be summed up in one quote from the horse’s mouth, “I would not have ordered the killing of Osama Bin Laden”. Period.
    John Galt recently posted..Why Democracy Sucks!My Profile

• John Carey September 7, 2011 at 11:28 PM

I know you are not a Ron Paul fan and I do understand why. I don’t agree with all of his foreign policies positions, but I do believe the questions he is raising about the Federal Reserve, Taxation, overregulations, and the constitution are important for the conservative movement. These are issues that we as conservatives need to discuss.
      John Carey recently posted..Ron Paul on Freedom Watch with Andrew Napolitano: A Revolution of IdeasMy Profile

• John Galt September 8, 2011 at 12:37 PM

Absolutely, you are right, John. Those are issues we need to discuss.
        But I prefer to discussed them with a conservative (Libertarian, Republican, Tea Party, or any other shade) in the White House.
        There lies the rub!
        John Galt recently posted..Why Democracy Sucks!My Profile

• Matt September 7, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Great video. The more I look at Paul, the more I like.
    Matt recently posted..Who Said There Was No Such Thing As A Free Lunch?My Profile

• Steve Dennis September 8, 2011 at 5:15 AM

I have heard Ron Paul in a couple of interviews and I think he comes off much better in an interview setting. I think that even if Paul does not win the nomination he is correct when he says that he is changing the debate; you hear more Republicans saying things now that Ron Paul has been saying for years.
    Steve Dennis recently posted..New Hampshire Senate overrides “Castle Doctrine” expansion veto; upholds voter ID vetoMy Profile

• John Carey September 8, 2011 at 6:30 AM

That’s the point Steve. He is changing the narrative and that is indeed a good thing. We need to be talking about these issues and he’s forcing it. I like it because it healthy for the conservative cause.
      John Carey recently posted..I’m a 1936 RepublicanMy Profile

• republicanmother September 8, 2011 at 9:20 AM

Central banking is a more powerful weapon than nukes, imo. Nukes just destroy life, but central banking can control it. I don’t like being controlled by the banksters, that’s why I support Ron Paul. I didn’t used to like his foreign policy, but that’s because I didn’t really know what was going on with it, and was believing what the conservative media talking points were telling me to believe. I now know that it is the biggest welfare program on earth. I’m currently more fearful of my government (which happens to be importing the Muslims to my state!) than I do with people in bongo-bongo land.

One thing is for sure, if we don’t get control of our money, we’ll not have any sovereign military at all.
    republicanmother recently posted..Worldview Weekend Scrutenizes Prayerful PerryMy Profile

• John Carey September 9, 2011 at 6:09 AM

Well said. The Federal Reserve’s tinkering with our money supply has done very little to promote economic freedom. I also agree with you about if we don’t get our spending and money back under control we won’t have a sovereign military. We will end up like the Romans in their last days, hiring mercenaries to protect our borders. How did that work out for Rome?
      John Carey recently posted..I’m a 1936 RepublicanMy Profile