SENTRY JOURNAL » Uncategorized » Newt Gingrich at Values Voter Summit – Out-of-Control Judges

Newt Gingrich at Values Voter Summit – Out-of-Control Judges

One of the things I really like about Newt Gingrich beyond him being brilliant, is I believe he is very sincere about saving America.  He is a man who has made a few missteps in his past, but can you tell me who hasn’t.  Look at all the missteps and associations President Obama has had in his past.  No one is perfect.  None of our candidates are perfect.  There is one or two things about each candidate that we conservatives don’t like.  Now back to Mr. Gingrich.  Yes he has had some missteps in the past but the one thing he is about is ideas.  He brings up relevant topics that need to be discussed and debated.  Below is a clip from yesterday’s Values Voter Summit in which he addresses the issue of out of control judges.  It’s about 22 minutes long, but well worth the watch.

YouTube Preview Image

The more I listen to Newt, the more I like what he has to say.  I know, many conservatives believe he’s an establishment type, but when you really think about it, with the exception of Ron Paul, he’s the only one addressing foundational issues that are impacting our nation.  He is talking about issues that need to be talked about and acted upon.  He’s not slinging mud at another candidate over something that was written in a book.  He is raising the awareness level of people about serious issues that threaten our republic.  The above clip is an example of this as he discusses the topic of out of control judges and what we can do to stop them from destroying our constitution and the republic.  Mark Levin addressed this same issue in his book Men in Black; How the Supreme Court Is Destroying America.  Out of control judges is a very real problem in America.  We just haven’t given it the attention it needs.  These judges can change the entire constitution based an interpretation in one ruling and forever change America.  This has already been happening for years now and today we are more divided than ever along the ideological spectrum.  I applaud Mr. Gingrich for shining the light on these very important topics.  Whether he wins or not, he deserves our thanks for being at times the only adult in the room.

Filed under: Uncategorized · Tags: , , , , , ,

Comments
  • John Galt October 8, 2011 at 5:12 PM

I agree, John. Gingrich has the intellectual capacity to bring to the forefront issues that are esoteric in nature and need a lot of background education to tackle them. He goes further than Ron Paul in the sense that he also offers practical solutions and ideas that can be implemented.

Yes, he is establishment, but I am not going to be against good ideas just because they come from an establishment source. Establishment has certain practical aspects that are needed if anything is going to get done in Washington.
    John Galt recently posted..China and The Foolish Temptation of Protectionism.My Profile

• John Carey October 9, 2011 at 5:26 PM

I agree John. Even though I feel like the establishment is definitely part of the overall problem, they do serve a purpose and they are also easily swayed by the mood of the day. Maybe that is something we need to use.
      John Carey recently posted..Teeing it up: A Round at the LINKsMy Profile

• rjjrdq October 9, 2011 at 2:56 AM

I just can’t get past his open borders stance and his contempt for the tea party.
    rjjrdq recently posted..Alabama Immigration Law Already EffectiveMy Profile

• John Carey October 9, 2011 at 5:28 PM

I don’t believe he has contempt for the Tea Party. I just think he has his own set of beliefs as to what will get America back on the right track. The open boarders stance is indeed a problem.
      John Carey recently posted..Teeing it up: A Round at the LINKsMy Profile

• Steve Dennis October 9, 2011 at 6:40 AM

I haven’t had a chance to watch the video yet but I will try to later. Newt is a very smart man and I believe that while he will not win the nomination he still has a vital role to play as the watchdog. He will go after the media in a way the other candidates will not and he also serves to calm down the other candidate when they get too heated.
    I agree with you about the justices and Mark Levin’s book is a great way for people to learn about all the ways the courts have trampled over the constitution for many years.
    Steve Dennis recently posted..Gunrunner: Eric Holder digs in his heelsMy Profile

• John Carey October 9, 2011 at 6:31 PM

To be honest Steve I’m not sure if he even wants to win. I believe he is playing a role and that role is to keep this election about substance and not a game show atmosphere. I could be wrong but that’s kind of what I’m seeing. The way he went after the Fox commentators during that first debate. He brought things back to reality.
      John Carey recently posted..Teeing it up: A Round at the LINKsMy Profile

• M LaChance October 9, 2011 at 10:15 AM

I appreciate that Gingrich is talking about the issue of judges having too much power and I agree that it’s unconstitutional. I just wish he would he would speak so boldly about the issues that concern everyone most right now… unemployment and our debt.

I do see Gingrich as an establishment candidate, but I will say that I also see him as the BEST establishment candidate running in this primary. If we’re going to nominate someone who isn’t willing to use his or her spotlight in the media to help articulate conservative reforms, such as Paul Ryan’s budget plan, I’d rather it was Gingrich than Romney, but we don’t have to settle for that when we DO have a conservative candidate who can win this primary and the general election.

Even today, on Face the Nation, Gingrich took the politically safe position when asked if he sees the OWS protesters the same way that Herman Cain described them, jealous of financially successful people, and he said they were just poor unemployed people instead. Cain went on to describe the class warfare situation as anti-capitalist.

I don’t want another politician who won’t help change the narrative. I not only don’t WANT that, but I don’t think conservatives can CHANGE the narrative with a republican president who refuses to acknowledge our side of the debate on all these issues. We will be fighting both sides of public opinion if an establishment candidate wins.

I will vote for the republican nominee in the general election, just as I did for McCain, but I think our best chances to win the general election is to get a REAL conservative to run against Obama. We need to CONTRAST Obama and make conservative arguements against his. You can’t argue against Marxism if you give it validity by softening your position to look more like theirs.
    M LaChance recently posted..The Tea Party; Liberals Created It And Fail to Imitate ItMy Profile

• John Carey October 9, 2011 at 6:35 PM

I agree with everything you are saying here M. Gingrich is the best establishment type in the pool right now. And like you I will vote for the Republican candidate no matter who ends up earning the nomination. And I’m telling you this much, this time around they will indeed earn it. We simply can’t afford another 4 years of a Marxist running the show. Thank you for the well thought out comment.
      John Carey recently posted..Teeing it up: A Round at the LINKsMy Profile

• Teresa October 9, 2011 at 2:39 PM

Newt is spot on! Overall I agree with his positions on the issues. I definitely like him better than Romney, Huntsman, or Perry. Your’re correct about no person being perfect. We voters need to stop looking for the perfect politician or someone identical to Ronald Reagan. There is not and will not be another President Ronald Reagan but there are some candidates who have similar ideas.
    Teresa recently posted..Eagle Freedom Links – Halloween Scary Movies Edition – October 9, 2011My Profile

• John Carey October 9, 2011 at 6:37 PM

Indeed Teresa. We must nominate the most conservative candidate we can. He or she might not ultimately being the most rock solid conservative, but we must nominate one who does embrace strong conservative principles.
      John Carey recently posted..Teeing it up: A Round at the LINKsMy Profile