SENTRY JOURNAL » Uncategorized » The Characteristics of a Newt

The Characteristics of a Newt

Newts are cold blooded:

This allows them survive in various environments.

Newts tend to live under rocks:

These dark, damp places are a great habitat for various reasons; they offer plenty of prey for the newt to feed on, and provide a refuge where the newt can escape predators for prolonged periods of time.  The newt is known to enjoy crawling out from under its rock in order to bask in the sun from time to time.

Newts are carnivores and feed on the spineless:

While the newt may seem harmless and gentle as it slithers in the grime; it has teeth and eats the smaller, spineless, and less clever animals that crawl through the muck with it.

The newt undergoes a process called metamorphosis:

The metamorphosis process gives the newt the ability to live in one environment and then completely change in order to live another.

The newt can be toxic:

Newts can secrete a toxin in order to protect itself from predators.  This toxin, however, can also make the newt unpopular.  Various people have used the toxin as a weapon against others.

Did I mention that it has strange mating habits?

Now to get a little serious.  It looks as if Newt is our candidate.  Unless something extremely strange happens in the next few weeks, Newt is the guy.  The question is, are you ready to support him?  If not, are you ready for another 4 years of President Obama?

Newt wasn’t my first, second, or third choice (after that I stopped ranking them), but it seems that in spite of who I vote for in the primary, Newt is going to win.  I will vote my conscience, but I will do so with a realistic view of the coming race.  Now I have to prepare myself for my own metamorphosis – the position of supporting Gingrich.

While I have my quarrels with Newt, I also happen to like a lot of what he has said.  I also happen to like a lot of what Newt has done in the past.  So, let me make a new list about things I like about Newt.

Newt isn’t Obama.
Newt is at least listening to conservative ideas and has adopted many of them.
Newt has admitted where he was wrong on many issues (global warming i.e.).
Newt has the ability to make Obama look the fool in debates.
Newt is issue oriented.
Newt isn’t D.C. naïve.
Newt has a keen knowledge of American history.
Newt is right about the problems that are threatening us most at the moment (taxes, health care, jobs, shrinking government*, and energy expansion). *in part

Sure, something can happen in the coming days and Newt is not the ideal candidate… but if he wins, are you ready and willing to look at what you like about Gingrich and what good he might bring?

RightHandMan

Written by

Yeah, I tweet. If you want to follow me on Twitter, just click on the link below. I hope you do.

Filed under: Uncategorized

Comments
  • Reaganite Republican December 12, 2011 at 3:19 AM

Newt is the most conservative electable candidate- seems a no-brainer to me, too RHM. I found this fresh post at American Thinker interesting, re. the power of persuasion and actual accomplishments that come him to this point

Reaganite Republican recently posted..The Beach Boys: Little Saint Nick – 1963My Profile

• Reaganite Republican December 12, 2011 at 3:20 AM

Uh- that was to be “GOT HIM to this point”

• RightHandMan
      RightHandMan December 12, 2011 at 10:21 AM

I agree RR.

• republican mother December 14, 2011 at 8:57 AM

Newt is not electable in a general election, which is what we need to get rid of Obama. The independents will just stock up on food and ammo and wait for the inevitable if Newt is the nominee.

Newt and Obama are paid by the same people. It’s just like Quigley said, make the two parties so alike that you can throw the bums out without anything changing. History has borne this out really well. How many Goldman Sachs people will be in the Newt administration, my guess is at least as many as in the Obama administration.
      republican mother recently posted..Only Paul Will Win the Independent VoteMy Profile

• Steve Dennis December 12, 2011 at 4:44 AM

It does look like Newt can’t be stopped to me either, but that could change. At least Newt has admitted his mistakes whereas Mitt refuses to admit Romneycare was a mistake.

I don’t know if can support Newt in the general election but when push comes to shove I probably will.
    Steve Dennis recently posted..Gunrunner: Hank Johnson blames Fast and Furious on the NRA, the Tea Party, and the SenateMy Profile

• RightHandMan
      RightHandMan December 12, 2011 at 10:24 AM

He’s gone one further, he’s admitted he was wrong and the Tea Party was right…which says he’s either a master panderer or a man of repentance. Either way, it is beneficial to us.

As for his “can’t be stopped” – he’s destroying everyone in the polls by 20+ points where it matters. If he wins Iowa (which it seems he will), his numbers will only grow. If Bachman and Perry don’t win Iowa, they’re gone and one must assume that he will pick those votes up. 50+% in some states…are you kidding?

• silverfiddle December 12, 2011 at 7:42 AM

🙂 What an awesome and inventive post!

Newt is not a conservative, he’s a DC insider, he has demonstrated no successful leadership qualities, and he will be no good in the debates against Obama because their will end up only being one or two of them and the canned Kabuki rules won’t allow and substantive back and forth. Having said that I agree with your ABO conclusion.

A third-party will hand the election to Obama and the Pelosicrats.
    silverfiddle recently posted..Shooting Inconvenient PeopleMy Profile

• RightHandMan
      RightHandMan December 12, 2011 at 10:36 AM

I’m not sure that I agree entirely Silver. I do agree that he is a DC insider, but he’s gone out of his way with American Solutions to do something very NON-DC oriented. He’s been involved with grass roots for the better part of the last decade. Now, I’m not naive enough to say that he hasn’t had his Washington ties close at hand as well. But I believe that Newt is more conservative than say GWB.

• RightHandMan
      RightHandMan December 12, 2011 at 10:39 AM

Let me also say that I think Newt will actually do well even with the limited debates. He is also going to challenge Obama to the Douglas/Lincoln style debates, which Obama will never accept… But that alone will have its benefits.
      If Obama does accept …then it’s over.

• Martin December 12, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Well, I’m with you. He might not be ideal, but I will not vote for Romney. I will vote for Newt because at least there is a chance he will make a sharp turn away from Obama’s policies. He is at least saying the right things, and I would relish the opportunity to see him demolish Obama in debates.

With Romney, there is no real philosophical difference, but his election will either dispirit the Tea Party, or put the rest of the republicrats back to sleep.

I wish Newt wasn’t such an establishment guy, but I could vote for him. He is no worse morally than Obama, so that issue is a wash.
    Martin recently posted..Before There Was TVMy Profile

• RightHandMan
      RightHandMan December 12, 2011 at 10:40 AM

I hate to fall back on that “he’s no worse” vote, but I think Newt is potentially better than that… *hope*

• Infidel de Manahatta December 12, 2011 at 12:22 PM

I will vote for the lesser evil which in this case is Gingrich.
    Infidel de Manahatta recently posted..Putin Loses Support In Russian Election; Manhood in QuestionMy Profile

• John Galt December 12, 2011 at 12:31 PM

Valuable post, RHM. I like the list of “things I like about Newt” at the end.
    I can agree with all of them, specially “Newt is not Obama”.

I posted the recent “Parries and Ripostes” of Newt in four important issues. That tells a lot about the man.
    John Galt recently posted..Gingrich Under Attack – Parries and Ripostes; No Better Way to Know a Man.My Profile

• LD Jackson December 12, 2011 at 8:08 PM

For the record, I still think Ron Paul has a chance of winning Iowa and doing very well in the rest of the campaign.

As for Newt Gingrich, it’s extremely difficult for me to trust him. Almost as hard as it is for me to trust Mitt Romney. On the surface, he looks to be much, much better than Barack Obama, but I am not sure that would be the case. He has a propensity for large government solutions, therefore he makes me believe he would continue the advances made by Obama, albeit more slowly.
    LD Jackson recently posted..Ron Paul – Highlights of the ABC Iowa DebateMy Profile

• Country Thinker December 13, 2011 at 6:16 PM

Yes, Newt is better than Obama, but that’s not much of a compliment. The self-proclaimed “Real Politik Wilsonian” is a liberal statist. The real question is whether he would do enough to get us off our terminal trajectory. Given that he calls Paul Ryan’s entitlement reform proposals “right wing social engineering” suggests that he is not.

Full disclosure: I am a card-carrying Libertarian, but I would consider voting for a worthy GOP candidate if my party does not nominate someone who earns my vote. I do not consider Gingrich or Romney to be worthy candidates, and I wouldn’t vote for either for any elected office.
    Country Thinker recently posted..Five Questions for Conservative RepublicansMy Profile

• Country Thinker December 13, 2011 at 6:47 PM

Sorry, I’ve got to add one more thing. Newt calls himself a “progressive.” I heard a good definition of a progressive: a “patient marxist.”