SENTRY JOURNAL » Uncategorized » Obama’s job approval at 50%: Are you kidding me?

Obama’s job approval at 50%: Are you kidding me?

So let’s see if I got this right.  Since Obama became President our national debt has increased by $4.7 trillion, the realistic unemployment rate is around 11%, we have lost our AAA credit rating, gas prices are 83% higher, and the housing market is still on its back.  Scandals like Solyndra and the ATF’s Fast and Furious gun walking program have become commonplace with this administration.  We have witnessed constitutional overreach with his unconstitutional recess appointments last month and his assault on the first amendment; pushing ObamaCare’s controversial contraceptive plan down on the Catholic Church.  His economic policies have failed miserably as the value of the dollar continues to fall causing goods and services to become more expensive for the average person.  And finally we have a President that hasn’t signed one single budget in three years, choosing instead to fund the government with continuing spending resolution.  And while we were all struggling to make ends meet, Obama vacationed and played golf again and again.  After all this, Obama’s job approval is at 50%.  Are you kidding me?

How does a sitting President with such a dismal track record achieve a 50% job approval rate?  I mean if you performed this poorly at the company you work for would you be getting a raise with a pat on the back for a job well done?  My guess is no.  And yet Obama is at 50%.  Why is this?  I believe there are three reasons.

The first reason is a lack of leadership in regards to the Republicans in congress.  With their empty compromises and unwillingness to confront Obama and his administration when they overreach the Republicans look weak.  In fact their failures have left many scratching their heads wondering what happened to the Tea Party candidates who promised to toe the spending line.  Under the Boehner’s watch the national debt has increased by over $1 trillion.  In fact when they had the opportunity to tackle entitlements and spending head on, they punted to a commission of their own making that accomplished absolutely nothing.  This lack of leadership and unwillingness to hold the Democrats and Obama accountable for their actions does not sit well with an electorate who put them there to do the work of the people.  The electorate is tired of broken promises and quite frankly they’re fed up with the games.

The second reason is because of the food fight taking place with our candidates in the primaries.  Let’s face it our “A” players like Paul Ryan and Sarah Palin are on the sidelines and we’re left with very limited choices.  It’s hard enough to sell an idea with a “B” player, but the problem is only compounded when these “B” players are exposing each other’s flaws in the ugliest ways.  They look like children on the playground calling each other names.  It has gotten out of control.  They do not look presidential and the electorate’s patience is running out with them.  The electorate wants to hear about proposed solutions.  They don’t want to hear about things that happened 10 years ago; they want to know what we need to do to get America back on track now.  I believe Obama has benefited from this food fight because the Republicans have been focusing on each other and not developing a narrative against him. Not by his own doing but by default he actually looks like the adult in the room.  If you track his poll numbers, they started to tick up when the Republican candidates started attacking each other.

The final reason I believe Obama’s approval numbers are so high is because people are buying the snake oil he’s peddling.  They want to feel good about America again; it’s been a rough three years.  Obama is promising the people unicorns and rainbows again.  He’s a snake oil salesman offering a tonic that promises to heal all the pains of the nation and the people are more than willing to believe the lie.  It’s the silly season and politicians will say just about anything to get elected or reelected.  They will make promises they have absolutely no intentions of keeping.  Obama is a master at this.  His silver tongue and cool demeanor are the traits of an effective snake oil salesman.  He’s likable and easy to look at and let’s face it there’s a large majority of people who are misinformed about a number of issues so they can be easily manipulated.  Americans want to believe happier days are ahead and Obama is offering it up with his words.  Don’t fall for it.  His actions speak louder than his words.  See the first paragraph of this article.

Folks we can’t afford another four years of Obama and his failed policies.  We had better start talking to family, neighbors, and friends and remind them of all the failed policies he and his administration have implemented.  It’s also time to contact our elected representatives in congress and let them know they have failed us and their seats are not safe.  It’s time to remind them once again they work for us and not for a political party or special interest groups.  Securing liberty takes work.  It’s time to roll up our sleeves and get to work.

Filed under: Uncategorized · Tags: , , , ,

Comments
  • Reaganite Republican February 16, 2012 at 2:59 AM

My ass

• Steve Dennis February 16, 2012 at 5:12 AM

I think you nailed the three biggest reasons John. I would also add the fact that the media is in the tank for Obama and sugar coats the bad news, and also the fact that nearly 50% of the people pay no taxes but reveive government benefits. These people are takers and they are becoming a permanent voter base for the Democrats. Under these condidtions, and with the lack of leadership in the Republican party I fear the race is already lost.
    Steve Dennis recently posted..Solargate: House panel prepares to subpoena five White House officials over SolyndraMy Profile

• John Carey February 16, 2012 at 6:24 AM

I agree Steve. Having the MSM in your pocket doesn’t hurt. The more government in our lives the more people become dependent on it. We lose the sense of being able to stand on our own. We lose our liberty.
      John Carey recently posted..Obama’s job approval at 50%: Are you kidding me?My Profile

• LD Jackson February 16, 2012 at 6:10 AM

It’s really discouraging to see how so many people are buying into the notion that Barack Obama is doing a good job as President. Like Steve said, he is creating a permanent voter base of people who are receiving government benefits. The idea that you should work for what you receive is a thing of the past and Obama is playing it for all it is worth.
    LD Jackson recently posted..The Greek Crisis Will Soon Arrive At A Poll Near You.My Profile

• John Carey February 16, 2012 at 6:27 AM

Indeed Larry. I just don’t see how he can be at 50% and yet I can. I will tell you that a number of people I know are not very excited about the choices we have and this isn’t helping. I also believe that lack of Republican leadership in congress is killing us. I know not the popular thing to say but I hear it every day from people around me.

• Silverfiddle February 16, 2012 at 6:32 AM

A record number of people on the dole explains some of it as well. Obama’s “spreading it around” like the corrupt Chicago machine pol that he is…
    Silverfiddle recently posted..Missing Bush White House e-mails FoundMy Profile

• RandyG February 16, 2012 at 6:53 AM

The MSM is in full re-election mode (phony polling) for Barry, RR is right…My ass!
    RandyG recently posted..Will Kate Upton Break The Internet?My Profile

• Infidel de Manahatta February 16, 2012 at 7:30 AM

Of course it always helps with your poll numbers when you have the MSM acting as your palace guard.
    Infidel de Manahatta recently posted..The Gospel According to Barack Obama (Part II)My Profile

• Jim at Conservatives on Fire February 16, 2012 at 1:32 PM

“After all this, Obama’s job approval is at 50%. Are you kidding me?”

I asked the same question just yesterday.

“The electorate is tired of broken promises and quite frankly they’re fed up with the games”

Apparently they are not tired enough, John. I don’t think the food fight is all that important but maybe you are right. What scares me is that the people are buying the snake oil; Obama’s class warfare strategy is working more than we want to believe. Our Republican leadership is being out gamed by Obama at every turn. It¡s pathetic.
    Jim at Conservatives on Fire recently posted..Seeing Things in a Different Light __ Thinking About Free Market CapitalistMy Profile

• John Carey February 17, 2012 at 7:04 AM

Jim the people I talk to every day express to me how disappointed they are in the Republican leadership. I hear things like they’re walking on egg shells or they’re more concerned about getting reelected than do what’s right for the country. We could have had a budget if the House would have stood their ground and said not one spending bill was going to be voted on until a budget was passed. All the major fights have been over money. This is where the rubber meets the pavement. They could care less about all the other bills the House passes, this is why those bills get shelved in the Senate. However when it comes to money, this is where the real battleground is. The House has the power of the purse strings. They should have used it to their advantage to get a budget passed.

• Trestin February 16, 2012 at 2:55 PM

I have an alternative of what we can do if he gets four more years. I can’t say what that is until March.
    Trestin recently posted..Fun With MapsMy Profile

• Teresa February 16, 2012 at 3:07 PM

The ignorance of our voters is astounding. These people want to give Obama the benefit of the doubt? They must have blinders on or something. Impeachment sounds good to me if he somehow is able to get a second term. Or could we send him as a gift to Ahmadinejad?

• John Carey February 17, 2012 at 7:08 AM

It’s very frustrating that voters are so easy to manipulate and Obama is indeed the master manipulator. It’s really quite sad that we have reached a point in this great nation’s history that the average citizen is willing to settle for the scraps thrown to them from the government dinner table.

• steve February 17, 2012 at 8:30 PM

1. I’m sure the poll is skewed
    2. Obama doesn’t have anyone running against him, since the GOP is still in primary mode.
    steve recently posted..The Police: Message in a Bottle (First UK Live TV Performance- 1979)My Profile

• John Carey February 19, 2012 at 1:29 AM

I have no doubt the poll is skewed to a certain degree. It’s CNN. However if you look at the real clear politics poll tracker there has been some positive movement for Obama in all the polls. I agree, right now Obama is getting a free pass. Good forbid the MSM call it straight.
      John Carey recently posted..Are we capable of self-governance anymore?My Profile

• John Galt February 18, 2012 at 12:52 PM

I would subscribe more to your second proposition than the other reasons of why the poll ratings of Obama are going up.

We analyze this situation in our last piece and put some of the blame in those – like Sarah Palin – that are advocating the continuation of the unsatisfactory and demeaning primary process of the Republicans.

Sarah Palin has been least than helpful acting as the surrogate campaign manager of Newt Gingrich and openly siding with the New York Times in favor of the mud-slinging to continue. Of course, she doesn’t put it that way, but if we have learn something with politicians, is to read between the lines to anything they say.
    John Galt recently posted..Republican Candidates Find The Cure For The Plague.My Profile

• John Carey February 19, 2012 at 1:32 AM

I agree that the mud slinging is killing us. It is probably the single most reason why we’re suffering so much, but don’t discount the performance of the Republicans in the House. I hear a lot of people complaining about this everyday John.

• John Galt February 19, 2012 at 11:32 AM

John C, I can understand your frustration, and most conservatives that feel the same, with the House Republicans and its leadership.
        You have to forgive me if I’m one of the few that tends to try to be more understanding of the very, very, difficult job tat they are trying to do – wrestling with principle versus being made a fool for electoral purposes. The House has little power to create good legislation as long as the Senate and the WH remains with the Democrats. All we can do is prevent bad legislation from passing. This negative-only role of the House puts them at a great disadvantage when the game of politics – and the blamed game – is played by the WH.

So here it goes………….I think that Boehner is doing a very good job, all things considered. His job is not to fall into the constant political traps placed by the WH for electoral purposes – payroll tax cut one of the latest. His main job for now is to maintain and shepherd the electoral possibilities of the Republican Party to defeat Obama and win back the Senate. An ungrateful job if you ask me.