SENTRY JOURNAL » Uncategorized » President Obama calls it Social Darwinism; I call it liberty…

President Obama calls it Social Darwinism; I call it liberty…

This past week when President Obama stated that Paul Ryan’s budget proposal was “thinly veiled social Darwinism.”  In an attempt to understand exactly the context in which he was using the term Social Darwinism, I watched his speech again.  After all Social Darwinism has such a negative connotation that surrounds it I wanted to make sure I got it right.  So based on my observation he is stating that Paul Ryan’s plan promotes individualism and free market principles that rewards the successful for their efforts and actions.  This in-turn creates a larger inequality gap in America because where there are winners there are also losers.  I think I got that right.  Well this would explain why he has such disdain for it.  He doesn’t believe that individualism and the free market work.  He can’t wrap his mind around the notion that in a free market there are indeed winners and losers.  He believes everyone should get a participation award.  He has never embraced the things that made America great.  If you don’t believe me check out the below clip in his own words.

YouTube Preview Image

You are correct Mr. President; I believe that government is the problem.  I believe in the individual whereas you do not.  I believe that we the people are in a better position to solve our problems than an all powerful controlling government.  I believe in charity and helping those in need.  I don’t need the government to fill that role. And when I’m down and out I will pick myself up by my own bootstraps not because the government wants me to but because I want to improve my condition.  You see I prefer the steak dinner over the government scraps you will throw my way.  I believe and equal opportunity not equal results.  You call it the ownership society; I call it freedom.   You define this belief system as Social Darwinism; I call it liberty.

And the President’s buddy, self-proclaimed communist Van Jones is on the same page.

YouTube Preview Image

If the President’s definition of “Social Darwinism” equates to individualism, ownership, personal responsibility, and free markets, well then I’m guilty of being a Social Darwinist.  And I can live with that.

Filed under: Uncategorized · Tags: , , , , , ,

Comments
  • Steve Dennis April 6, 2012 at 5:20 AM

Great post John, the president also said recently that people need help because they can’t do it by themselves and to me that sums up this man perfectly. He believes the government is the only entity which can help people and that without the government the people would be clueless. It is arrogant and condescending at the same time.
    Steve Dennis recently posted..NBC, ABC, and CNN backtrack from their initial reporting on Trayvon Martin’s shootingMy Profile

• John Carey April 6, 2012 at 6:25 AM

Thanks Steve. The President is a card carrying member of the ‘Nanny State’ and he believes that we are like children who cannot make the right choices. It’s really quite insulting.

• Bunkerville April 6, 2012 at 9:51 AM

As he stated previously, he is his brothers keeper. This implies a derogatory attribution. That someone needs to be “kept”. Animals are kept. Humans have free will. As for me, that sums up the whole thing in a nutshell. Good one John.
    Bunkerville recently posted..Good Friday – “Behold the Lamb of God”My Profile

• Jim at Conservatives on Fire April 6, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Obama has a very low opinion of Americans and a very high opinion of himself. His arrogance will be his undoing. Freedom loving Americans are going to show him the door in November because man can only progress when he is free to progress.
    Great post, John
    Jim at Conservatives on Fire recently posted..Scenes Typical of Semana Santa in VenezuelaMy Profile

• Sherman Broder April 6, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Great post. I’m with you.

You hit the nail on the head when you wrote: “I believe in the individual whereas you do not.” That sums it up. No more analysis required. Maximum Leader believes individuals are incapable of finding and providing “the good” on their own. Successful individuals are greedy, cheating, selfish, unfairly smart and/or lucky slime buckets; unsuccessful individuals are genetically poor, unfortunate, wronged and hopelessly stupid and/or exploited salt of the earth. Governments, and gifted geniuses like him in governments, have to rectify the successful and rescue the unsuccessful.

Simple as that.
    Sherman Broder recently posted..Ezra Klein Beats Off In PublicMy Profile

• Matt April 6, 2012 at 8:36 PM

I think the problem is this. His “solution” to “social darwinism” deals with there being winners and losers by making everyone equal…equally miserable, equally hungry, and equally losers. Socialism doesn’t build people up evenly, it screws everyone down equally. Unless, that is, you are a high party or government official. Then, you live like royalty.
    Matt recently posted..MSNBC too Lazy to Make up their own News, Let’s the Kossacks do it for themMy Profile

• John Carey April 6, 2012 at 10:36 PM

You know Matt. How is it that the people we elect to the Senate and House who go in with very little come out so well off? Ever ask yourself that question? It’s because they’re rigging the game in their favor and raiding the treasury. They work half as much as we do and make millions in a couple of terms. The only way they get away with this is by controlling the message, the economy, the people, and by limiting our liberties. This is why Obama, the left and a growing number on the right doesn’t want us free to think for ourselves, because the moment people figure out what has been happening to them and their beloved nation, they will want nothing less than to see all these people hauled away in shackles…in-turn limiting their liberties.
      John Carey recently posted..President Obama calls it Social Darwinism; I call it liberty…My Profile

• Fuzzy April 7, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Great post! I couldn’t agree more; everything he thinks is an “attack” on his “enemies” or a negative is usually a positive to me, come to think of it.
    Fuzzy recently posted..Fuzzy Shorts: 0Care, Helter Skelter, and FemisogynyMy Profile

• Teresa Rice April 7, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Obama and his cronies are for equal misery. He doesn’t believe that people have the opportunity to rise under a free market system. He wants to reward those who haven’t earned it, in effect rewarding bad behavior. While we believe in liberty which rewards good behavior. Believing the opposite of Obama means we believe in freedom and the America which was instituted by the Founding Fathers. Obama believes in socialism and we need to do everything to make sure that America is not led into socialism under his or any other administration for that fact.
    Teresa Rice recently posted..Open Thread: Good Friday Question On Sin, Suffering And Salvation – A Together Post by Kevin and TeresaMy Profile