SENTRY JOURNAL » Uncategorized » Reason # 321 why John Boehner needs to go

Reason # 321 why John Boehner needs to go

Yesterday I read that Speaker of the House John Boehner sent a memo out to rank and file Republicans urging them not to spike the ball if key provisions in Obamacare or if the entire bill is struck down by the High Court.  “If the Court strikes down all or part of the president’s health care law,” Boehner said in a memo sent to Republican House members Thursday, “there will be no spiking of the ball.” Are you kidding me?  How many remember the below clip of John Boehner’s closing argument against Obamacare on the House floor prior to the vote back in March 2010.

My how soon we forget.  We’re talking about a bill that no one had time to read before it was voted on.  This was a bill that was rammed through the House and Senate via backdoor deals and procedural chicanery.  How many remember the below picture of Nancy Pelosi walking by those “dangerous” Tea Party protestors with her fellow Democrats grasping an oversized gavel and gloating on the day they voted to violate the constitution and impose Obamacare on us all while exempting themselves from it?

I say that if part or all of Obamacare is struck down by the SCOTUS not only should liberty loving Americans spike the ball, they should run out in their yards and do an end zone dance.

Whenever liberty is restored and the amount of government intrusion in our lives reduced this is cause for celebration.  I very much doubt that Nancy Pelosi sent a memo to her fellow Democrats telling them not to spike the ball if the SCOTUS rules that Obamacare is constitutional.  And you can bet the bank that if the SCOTUS does find Obamacare constitutional Ms. Pelosi and her fellow Democrats will be dancing in the streets, because the loss of liberty and more government intrusion in our lives is cause for celebration for most liberals.

This is another example of just how out of touch Speaker Boehner is with conservatism and with the principles most conservatives embrace.  Liberty restored is a great thing Mr. Boehner.  The constitution being enforced is a great thing.   Yes I get it the economy is important, but more important is the restoration of liberty because without liberty you will never have a robust economy.  For reasons I cannot explain Mr. Boehner misses this point.  And because Mr. Boehner cannot wrap his brain around this very simple truth, you now have reason # 321 as to why he must go.

So my memo to all Republicans if Obamacare is struck down, SPIKE THE FOOTBALL!  If you won’t, hand the ball to me; I’ll spike it.

Filed under: Uncategorized · Tags: , , ,

Comments
  • Silverfiddle June 22, 2012 at 9:17 AM

He was addressing GOP congressmen, not us ordinary folk in the hinterlands.

I do think GOP politicians should maintain decorum, but I agree with you that We The People should celebrate such an event (If it happens, Good Lord willin’) as the victory for liberty that it is.
    Silverfiddle recently posted..Ask Comandante ObamaMy Profile

• John Carey June 22, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Indeed Silver; however Boehner is still a very weak leader. I remember when he first found his way to the House in the 80s. He was so different…much more conservative.
      John Carey recently posted..Reason # 321 why John Boehner needs to goMy Profile

• Jim at Conservatives on Fire June 22, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Hell yes they should spike the ball. they should rub it in Pelosi’ face. They should find that big gavel and break it in a thousand pieces on the House floor. Liberty is worth celebrating!
    Jim at Conservatives on Fire recently posted..Cellulosic Ethanol, The Phantom FuelMy Profile

• John Carey June 23, 2012 at 12:01 AM

You know it Jim. I for one will be celebrating in the street. If I had ten footballs I would spike them all. And you’re right Pelosi should have it rubbed in her face.
      John Carey recently posted..Reason # 321 why John Boehner needs to goMy Profile

• Steve Dennis June 22, 2012 at 8:54 PM

I couldn’t agree more John, we need to celebrate if Obamacare is struck down and the Republicans should be right out there in front celebrating with the American people. John Boehner has been a very weak leader, some people do not thrive in this role and he seems to be one of them. He doesn’t seem to have the passion he once did and it is time for him to go.
    Steve Dennis recently posted..Barack Obama asks people to give up their wedding gifts to support his reelection campaignMy Profile

• John Carey June 23, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Exactly Steve. As I told Silver, he’s not the same John Boehner of the 1980s in regards to sticking to conservative principles. Over the years D.C. poisoned his conservatism. This is why I have always supported term limits. 12 years for Senators, 10 years for representatives. It washes out the old and brings in the new.
      John Carey recently posted..Reason # 321 why John Boehner needs to goMy Profile

• rjjrdq June 22, 2012 at 11:06 PM

I’ll spike an extra ball just for Boehner.
    rjjrdq recently posted..Open Borders, Romney StyleMy Profile

• LD Jackson June 23, 2012 at 3:14 AM

I agree with you about John Boehner. I realize he has a tough job as Speaker of the House, but he just doesn’t seem cut out for it.

As for what happens with Obamacare, I’ll make a prediction. If the Supreme Court rules it unconstitutional, as they should, there will be a lot of wringing of hands by the liberals and their media cohorts. They have already set the stage for that, saying such a ruling would jeopardize Medicare and Medicade and make it impossible for the government to meet its obligations, in regards to health care. The fiction will be flying, to be sure.
    LD Jackson recently posted..Fast and Furious Investigation Rooted in Racism?My Profile

• John Carey June 23, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Don’t forget the liberals are also laying the groundwork for labeling the rejection of Obamacare as judicial activism. Boehner in my opinion has really failed conservatives. Yes I know the Republicans only hold one body of government however it’s the body that controls the purse strings and yet our national debt has greatly risen under his watch.
      John Carey recently posted..Reason # 321 why John Boehner needs to goMy Profile

• Teresa Rice June 23, 2012 at 4:39 PM

I’m going to spike the football and do a football happy dance if the Supreme Court rules Obamacare unconstitutional, rules in favor of the Constitution and liberty.

• Trestin June 24, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Soon we will have him and Romney in charge. Sure things will improve in many ways, but they will still be miserable and in four years America will be dumb and desperate enough to try a Democrat controlled government again.
    Trestin recently posted..Origin of The Green MovementMy Profile

• […] Reason # 321 why John Boehner needs to go […]

• […] Reason # 321 why John Boehner needs to go | SENTRY JOURNAL Go to this article […]

• theCL Report: Marx Madness June 25, 2012 at 11:50 PM