SENTRY JOURNAL » Uncategorized » Paul Ryan for VP

Paul Ryan for VP

Quick reaction?  YES!

I don’t know if there’s anyone who I would have preferred for Romney’s VP other than Paul Ryan.  Here at the Sentry Journal, we were actually hoping to see Paul Ryan run for POTUS.  It is encouraging to see Romney pick someone who is from the right (unlike Christie) and someone who will constantly refocus the debate on the economy.

Of course the DNC is already beginning to spin their spins in order to distract from Obama’s economic record.  Ryan is going to be attacked like he’s never been attacked before.  For the democrats, this is just adding a granny killer to the already wife-killing Romney ticket.  For this reason, I feel for Ryan and his family.

If there is someone who is able to rise above the nonsense, however, it is Ryan.  He talks numbers like a savant but is able to do it eloquently and with charm, never embellishing in distractions and insults.  He’s forceful but not overbearing, he’s willing to challenge the President and he’s equipped to do so.

This brings another interesting element to this election – Wisconsin.  Wisconsin is not only a swing state, but a current focal point on some of the basic philosophical differences between conservatives and liberals.  No doubt this will play a part in this Presidential election and no doubt that democrats will double down on their liberal philosophies.

Still, we like to get caught up in the game of politics and elections – but this pick is much bigger than that.  We absolutely need two business friendly people in the White House leading our country back into economic freedom and prosperity.  America NEEDS this in order to save our sinking ship.  We need leaders who are focused on releasing the shackles on free enterprise.  There is hope to be found in this ticket.

RightHandMan

Written by

Yeah, I tweet. If you want to follow me on Twitter, just click on the link below. I hope you do.

Filed under: Uncategorized

Comments
  • Silverfiddle August 11, 2012 at 10:38 AM

This shows Romney is serious about staking out a position for fiscal sanity and fighting for it. It’s a serious pick.
    Silverfiddle recently posted..Western Hero Welcomes ViburnumMy Profile

• TexasFred August 11, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I was never a big Romney fan, but he is what he is, he’s all we’ve got, and while I am 100% certain that he is infinitely better qualified than Barack Hussein Obama and will turn the direction that this nation is headed around, I wasn’t going to become too terribly enthusiastic until I saw who he picked to be his VPOTUS candidate. Now I am getting some enthusiasm!

• Let's do the Math: Romney + Ryan = 2012 WIN! August 11, 2012 at 12:37 PM

[…] Right Hand Man at Sentry Journal says: YES! […]

• Fuzzy August 11, 2012 at 5:00 PM

I am SO happy with this pick! Like you, I would have preferred Ryan to run in the top slot, but this is greatness. Go #RomneyRyan2012!
    Fuzzy recently posted..Mitt Romney: You Can Win This ElectionMy Profile

• Steve Dennis August 11, 2012 at 5:51 PM

The more I think about this pick the more I like it. I was afraid Romney was going to make a safe choice but by picking someone he knew the left couldn’t stand he made a choice which has earned him my respect.

• LD Jackson August 12, 2012 at 6:17 AM

I think Romney made the right choice with Paul Ryan. Not only can he help win the election, but he can also help Romney turn this country around, after they are in office. Ryan could very well be the most influential Vice-President of all time.
    LD Jackson recently posted..Paul Ryan VideosMy Profile

• […] Ignorance is the Fuel That Advances the Left’s Agenda… SJ: Paul Ryan for VP BdKS: The Secretary of State dressed in a not-very-flattering Asian inspired get-up grinding on […]

• Jim at Conservatives on Fire August 12, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Romney just went up a notch in my book. This the type of decission I would expect from a good corporate He picked a man that is smart, knowledgeable, and will be an effective contributor to the executive team. They complement each other in many ways. Romney is a big picture gut and Ryan is a detail guy. Romney is a bit of an elitest and Ryan is not. Ryan has been in Congress since 1999. He has no home or even an apartment in DC. He sleeps on a cot in his office and after the last vote on Thursday each week he heads home where his pick-up truck is parked at the airport waiting for him. men are devoted family men. Romney might have picked someone who would havebeen more helpful in the campaign to get himself elected; but he picked someone who will be a great asset if he is elected. Neither man is as bold as I would like them to be on policy; but, all in all I think we have a pretty good teaam.
    Jim at Conservatives on Fire recently posted..“The Crowded Chair ” a poem by the Bard of MurdockMy Profile

• LibertyAtStake August 13, 2012 at 7:53 AM

All of your points are right on target. This choice also blows up the caricature of Romney as an overly cautious decision maker. He has proven he can take a bold step at a crucial turning point.
    LibertyAtStake recently posted..Mittens Has Chosen WiselyMy Profile

• Infidel de Manahatta August 13, 2012 at 8:47 AM

I too like the choice of Ryan. It was the best choice Romney could make. My only concern is if Romney loses (a distinct possibility) we will lose Ryan in the House for the next two years when we will be needing him more than ever.
    Infidel de Manahatta recently posted..Romney Named Leading Cause of Cancer in United StatesMy Profile

• Country Thinker August 13, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Nominating Ryan just handed the presidency to Obama unless Gary Johnson can pull off a miracle victory. But then again, we knew a big government establishmentarian like Romney would choose a big government establishmentarian like Paul Ryan. We can officially say that conservatism in America is dead.
    Country Thinker recently posted..The Cliff Notes Version of Why Paul Ryan Doesn’t Deserve to Be Vice PresidentMy Profile