SENTRY JOURNAL » Uncategorized » What’s more believable…the left’s claim that Republicans are waging a war on women or the real war being waged on liberty?

The truth can sometimes be an elusive thing especially during an election year.  This cycle is no different.  Opposing campaigns attempt to define the narrative or the platform of the other through a series of allegations and talking points.   The left has always been extremely successful playing to the fears of specific groups; further fractionalizing our society into pieces and parts and pitting us against each other.  Instead of discussing the main issues that impact us, we find ourselves arguing over topics that have nothing to do with our current woes.  It’s a distraction, a red herring that diverts our attention away from focusing on draconian regulations and the terrible polices that are destroying our liberties and the very fabric of our culture.  These aren’t new tactics, just effective at what their designed to do.  Many fall into this trap and lose sight of the whole.  The left’s assertion that the Republicans are waging a war on women is a perfect example of this.

Ever since the Republicans took back control of the congress in 2010 there has been a concerted effort by far left organizations like MoveOn.org and the ACLU to paint an image of knuckle dragging conservatives trying to suppress the rights of women.  Some sites out there like stopthewaronwomen.com display a list of attacks on women rights by the evil Republicans.  They need to show instances that prove in their opinion that Republicans are indeed waging a war on women.  This kind of stuff has been going on under the radar of mainstream America because these organizations represent the fringe left or what is now the base of the Democratic Party.  They spent a year working hard to build and refine this narrative in order to shore up support with their base so that when the time was right they could unleash it against Republicans.  And unleash it they did.

It started at the turn of the year when during a Republican debate George Stephanopoulos asked an off the wall question about whether states had the right to ban contraception.  At the time I scratched my head pondering where that question came from and why was it significant.  Below is a clip of that exchange.

YouTube Preview Image

Even Mitt Romney was caught completely off guard by what at the time seemed like a silly question.  Now we know different.  Mr. Stephanopoulos who is very connected to the far left fringes of the Democratic Party and the White House was in my opinion initiating the first phase of the far left’s agenda to depict Republicans as Neanderthals who are insensitive­­­ to women issues.  It was a month later when the Catholic Church began to openly oppose the contraception mandate buried in Obamacare that forced religious organizations to provide coverage for birth-control.  This government mandate is in direct conflict with church doctrine and the Catholic Church pushed back.  This of course introduced us to Sandra Fluke when she testified before congress about how crucial this mandate was in regards to women health issues.  She basically said taxpayers should be forced to pay for the contraceptive method she chooses.  It’s funny how the left wants it both ways.  They want the government to stay out of the bedroom unless it’s going to pay for contraception.  It was at this point I figured out what was going on.

This whole contraception argument was orchestrated by the left from the very beginning.  George Stephanopoulos and Sandra Fluke were active participants in painting a picture of a phony war that was being waged on women from the political and religious right.  It was designed to infuriate women and drive them towards Obama.  All they needed now to tie it all together was for some influential conservative to say the wrong thing.  That influential conservative was Rush Limbaugh when he commented on his show that if Sandra Fluke wanted taxpayers to pay for her contraception, it meant they would be paying for her to have sex, which in turn made her slut or a prostitute.  This was all the left needed to declare a full scale war on women was being waged by Republicans.  The problem the left had was people weren’t buying it.

Rush Limbaugh survived the left’s attempt to boycott his sponsors and it was revealed that Sandra Fluke was actually a Democratic operative with possible ties to the White House.  The war on women began to fizzle out until about week ago when Todd Akin a Republican candidate for the senate in Missouri misspoke and used the words “legitimate rape” in an interview.  Again the Republican war on women was rekindled and now it looks as if the Democrats are going to run with this narrative.  Sandra Fluke actually has a timeslot to speak at the Democratic National Convention and because of Akin’s poor choice of words the war on women hatched by the far left again has new legs.  But the one war that is very real being waged by both the left and right is the war on our liberties.

This is the war that no one is talking about.  The Obama administration along with his fellow Democrats have been waging a war on our liberties from the very beginning.  From day one he has ignored the rule of law and has bypassed the congress whenever he saw fit via executive order.  With the passage of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Financial Reform Law the Democrats and Obama have stolen economic liberties we once had.  He signed into law the NDAA which authorizes the indefinite detainment of American citizens without being charged of a crime if they are found to be affiliated with a terrorist organization.  The unconstitutional TSA that on a daily basis violates your 4thamendment rights every time they search you in the airports, bus and train stations has now expanded their activities to Main Street America.  The government to include local law enforcement is now developing the rules of engagement in regards to flying drones over American cities to spy on our citizens without a warrant violating our privacy rights.  And lastly Obamacare steals our liberties in regards to medical decisions.  We can no longer be trusted to make decisions concerning our health; instead we leave it to 15 unelected bureaucrats to make life and death decision in regards to treatment.  This is just nuts!  Check out the below video. Judge Napolitano does a great job explaining about the loss of our liberties.

But Obama doesn’t deserve all the blame here.  You see we’ve been losing our liberties for decades now.  Piece by piece our liberties are being stripped away from us by leftists who wear both the Democratic and Republican brand.  I can feel how much liberty I’ve lost in the very short time I have walked this earth.  But this isn’t something we talk about.  It’s taboo to talk about surrendering our liberties because we willingly do it in the name of security or safety.  But this I know, the loss of liberty impacts all people regardless of race, gender, or sexual preference and it’s one of the main reasons we’re struggling as a nation.  Without liberty we are nothing.  When the individual is shackled and our lives are regulated and managed by a central power, we as a people suffer terribly.  This is why we’re suffering now and why no one is talking about this on the campaign trail is beyond me.

So I ask you what’s more believable, the left’s claim that Republicans are waging a war on women or the real war being waged on liberty?  I know which one I believe.  So should you.

Filed under: Uncategorized · Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments
  • LD Jackson August 26, 2012 at 1:56 AM

The war on women is nothing more than a faux war to provide fodder for the liberals to aim at conservatives. I saw a headline this morning that said “Women will not leave GOP over abortion”. To hear the liberals tell it, the overriding factor in a woman’s decision about who to vote for is if her access to abortion will be restricted. I am sure that applies to many women, but surely the majority of women in this country do not want to kill their unborn children. This faux war on women has been, and continues to be, a distraction, nothing more. All the while, the real war on our liberties, everyone’s liberties, goes on, mostly unchallenged.
    LD Jackson recently posted..Obama Administration Applies Spin Math To Illegal Deportation NumbersMy Profile

• Infidel de Manahatta August 26, 2012 at 6:09 AM

Both parties are to blame. Both parties support the statist/anti-liberty/security policies enacted by Bush after 9/11.

People either don’t realize it or don’t care.
    Infidel de Manahatta recently posted..Davey and Goliath Confirm Long Standing Rumors: Yes We Are in a Committed Relationship!My Profile

• Steve Dennis August 26, 2012 at 6:12 AM

Great summary of the fake war on women and a great video by the judge. The left is using this war on women to distract us from the real issue and that is the continuing loss of liberty. We need to stay focused on the real issues at hand here and I wonder how well the war on women is going to work. Sure it may play well to the women on the far left who WANT to believe it is true, but I think most people are worried about more important issues.
    The judge did a great jobs summarizing the war on liberty and pointing out that this has been happening since the beginning and from both sides. I hope he is right about a resurgence in liberty lovers who are ready to take back this country.
    Steve Dennis recently posted..Open thread for Saturday August 25: Allen West editionMy Profile

• John Carey August 26, 2012 at 2:15 PM

I know I’m ready to restore liberty. Unfortunately I just don’t see the same desire in many. You have to know that you have lost liberty in order to fight to get it back. The problem is we have so many Kool-Aid drinkers running around they don’t even realize they’re losing their freedoms. They just keep flowing with the current. Very sad my friend.
      John Carey recently posted..Teeing it up: A Round at the LINKs (Romney’s “extreme positions” edition)My Profile

• Silverfiddle August 26, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Progressive’s Long March against Liberty started over 100 years ago. Victory is within their grasp. Can we turn the tide this fall?
    Silverfiddle recently posted..Teach Your Children WellMy Profile

• Jim at Conservatives on Fire August 26, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I really believe that if Americans fail to defeat Obama this November our country is heading for some very dark times. If Romney wins, it is a beginning, not the end of the battle to take back our liberty.
    Jim at Conservatives on Fire recently posted..“Solidarity” a poem by the Bard of MurdockMy Profile

• John Carey August 26, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Yes Jim I totally agree with you. The first step is making Obama a one term President. But like Rush Limbaugh said, what chance do we have if even all the terrible policies and action of this administration it’s still a tight race. What chance do we have if 48 percent of the people think Obama is doing a good job. We don’t stand any chance.

• theCL August 26, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Um … The guy you’re promoting in your sidebar said he would have signed the NDAA himself (which most congressional Republicans voted for), will do nothing to abolish the fascistically-named DHS (the bureaucracy to which the TSA belongs), is every bit as guilty as Obama when it comes to fascistic-healthcare, etc., etc., etc.

I understand and sympathize with what you are saying, but your argument falls flat on its face when you paint Republicans as victims while actively promoting an evil rotten statist in your sidebar.

I loathe the Democratic Party, passionately. But in my almost 44 years on this earth, the Republican Party has proven to be a greater enemy of my liberty than the Democrats. And that’s hard to do! So don’t kid yourself. Don’t listen to those bullshit artists on the radio. You may console yourself with the illusion that you’re voting for “the lesser evil,” but you’re voting for evil all the same.

And when you support evil, regardless of excuse, you have nothing left to complain about … only yourself to blame.
    theCL recently posted..Democracy with Erica DuranceMy Profile

• John Carey August 26, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I stated in the post that both parties are to blame(Piece by piece our liberties are being stripped away from us by leftists who wear both the Democratic and Republican brand). I do not live under the illusion that the Democrats are the only faction to blame. I also realize that in the Republican Party there are progressives calling themselves conservatives who are even more dangerous than Democrats. I’m not a libertarian, I’m a conservative and I my desire is to restore the institutions that were once worth conserving. The first step in doing this is to restore the conservative party.

I know Mitt Romney is a big government Republican but I don’t believe part of his agenda is destroying America. I get he’s an establishment guy; but I don’t believe he want to redistribute the wealth of our nation in the name of fairness. I supported Ron Paul in the primaries not because I agreed with everything he said but because I believe that without liberty we are nothing and he was the only candidate promoting liberty. But I also said I would get behind the Republican who won the primary even if it was Mitt Romney because no matter who it was it would buy real conservatives time to restore the conservative party. My support for Romney doesn’t mean I’ve lost sight of the big picture and it doesn’t mean I agree with everything he stands for. The end goal is to restore liberty and this only happens when we can restore the conservative party in we need time to do this. A Mitt Romney win buys us time. When true conservatives who believe in limited government, less wars, less regulations, strict adherence to the constitution, and no income taxes retake the party then there is a chance liberty can be restored. How can this be supporting evil when the end goal is restoring liberty?

Ronald Reagan faced the same challenges in the Republican Party when he was running. It was filled with phony conservatives. He said that instead of creating a third party, we needed to restore the conservative party. That is my goal and the first step is making Obama a one term President. Now you might not agree with the tactic and might think I’m just another sell out. But in the end I have to live with my decision and if my decision helps restore the conservative party leading to the restoration of liberty then so be it.

• theCL August 27, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Libertarian/conservative doesn’t matter. The fact is, there is no conservative (in the American sense) party. Never has been. There’s nothing to restore.*

I don’t at all think you’re a “sell out,” I believe you are genuine and sincere. I just think you’re fooling yourself about what the Republican Party truly is, and what voting for “the lesser evil” actually means.

*What could be restored, and needs to be restored, is the conservative movement itself. It needs to find a voice independent of partisan politics.
    theCL recently posted..Putin’s AmericaMy Profile

• Todd Akin, Republicans, and Abortion August 27, 2012 at 1:07 PM

[…] It's just the latest sideshow at the American Political Circus: Democrats declare an imagined "Republican War on Women," and Republicans (predictably) run […]

• […] gain public support, Charlie Rogers, allegedly staged a hate crime to gain support for gays. SJ: The truth can sometimes be an elusive thing especially during an election year.  BdKS: It’s a good thing the organizers of this rubber chicken dinner hired a first-rate comedic […]