SENTRY JOURNAL » Uncategorized » America haven’t you had enough of Obama yet?

America haven’t you had enough of Obama yet?

I’ve been digesting the events of the last few days and I must say I’m deeply concerned about the future of America if Obama wins a second term.  There are very few times when I have trouble finding the right words to write but this time is different.  I’m struggling because I’m frustrated and I’m done with this administration.

I’m frustrated with this administration because of the lack of leadership they have displayed when one of our own is murdered by an angry mob in a country we currently give financial aid to and one that we helped liberate approximately one year ago.  I’m frustrated because their first instinct is to apologize for some obscure video that very few have heard of instead of sending a strong message that America will not tolerate our citizens being murdered by an angry mob overseas.  This mob that stormed the American compound in Libya and killed the staff and our ambassador is no better than the pirates that Jefferson confronted in the same region when he was President over 200 years ago.  Jefferson realized there was no negotiating with these terrorists of the sea. In the end they would always demand more ransom.   In fact in 1791 when he was Secretary of State, Jefferson gave the American consul to Morocco, Thomas Barclay a letter of instructions for a new treaty with Morocco that read, “lastly our determination to prefer war in all cases to tribute under any form, and to any people whatever.”  He was calling the pirates out.  He was fighting fire with fire because he realized nothing was going to change unless these pirates were challenged with force.  When Thomas Jefferson became President that’s exactly what he did.  He sent a message that America wasn’t going to be bullied by a mob of pirates.

What I can’t understand is why Obama can’t see the same thing?  Why can’t he see that these people hate America and they desire to kill us?  The only absolute these mobs know is force and when they see us retreat or fail to respond they view it as a sign of weakness.  In my opinion Libya needs to be sent a message.  They need to feel the pain that comes with murdering of our citizens.  They need to understand there will be a price to pay for lawless acts that take the lives of American citizens.  Perhaps the reason our President can’t see this is because deep down he believes we’re paying for what he perceives as our sins from the past. After all he has apologized over and over again for America and the wrongs we have committed on the world.  Look this isn’t about left or right, it’s about America and the lives of our citizens.  Am I missing something here?

Americans should be outraged by the lack of response of this administration.  They should be outraged that the press is giving the President and his administration a free pass.  They should be outraged that the press colluded to turn is against Romney.  When are Americans going to wake up and realize that Obama is bad for America?  Haven’t you had enough of this?  Haven’t you had enough of Obama yet?  I know I have.  What’s it going to take to wake you up?

Below is an example of what real leadership looks like.

And this is what we currently have.

YouTube Preview Image

We’re in trouble.

Filed under: Uncategorized · Tags: , , , ,

Comments
  • [...] America haven't you had enough of Obama yet? | SENTRY JOURNAL Go to this article [...]

• LD Jackson September 14, 2012 at 6:46 AM

The more I see how Obama has responded to these attacks, the more I believe it is far past the time for him to leave Washington. He is like a fish out of water, with no clue what he should do, and no inclination to do it.
    LD Jackson recently posted..Never Mind Muslim Violence, What About Mitt RomneyMy Profile

• Steve Dennis September 14, 2012 at 11:58 AM

I couldn’t agree with you any more John! This whole situation–from the attack to Obama’s response to the media trying to make this issue about Romney–has me totally disgusted, the man either has no clue what he is doing or he doesn’t care what is happening over there. This has got to be the undoing of Barack Obama, this has to be what finally wakes people up even if the media doesn’t mention his role in this. At least I hope so, we are in serious trouble if he gets reelected.

• John Carey September 15, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Steve, the truth is we’re in serious trouble no matter who gets elected. With America getting downgraded again because of the FEDs to decision to begin a third round of Quantitative Easing we’ve sent a message that we’re not serious about getting our spending under control. Instead we’re going to print more money that is not backed by anything and we’re all going to feel this in terms of gas prices and consumer prices. The deeper we dig this hole the harder it is going to be to get out of it. The difference between Romney and Obama is Romney will take steps to stop the digging, Obama in a second term will replace the shovel he’s using to dig the hole with a backhoe and there will be no getting out of the hole. America will be done as a world leader in anything and our standard of living will dramatically be reduced.
      John Carey recently posted..America haven’t you had enough of Obama yet?My Profile

• Jim at Conservatives on Fire September 14, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Part of the problem, John is Obama’s narsicism. I left this comment at Motor City Times earlier today. I’ve only changed Steve¡s name for yours:

I wish I could remember the exact Obama qoute It was early in his presidency and he was talking to Axelrod, I believe. As best as I can remember he said he really liked being president because he was good at it. He said he knew more about public policy, national security, and foreign affairs than any of his advisors. That arrogance has broughtt us where we are today. He and Hillary own the “Arab Spring”. While they own it, we Americans and many others pay the price. Our country, Steve, is in the hands of fools.
    Jim at Conservatives on Fire recently posted..Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton Own the “Arab Spring”My Profile

• John Carey September 15, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Well said Jim. They do own it and the American people are now feeling the consequences of elections. When we elect non virtuous people into office who care more about power than individual liberty we end up with zero leadership. Obama is a hollow leader. He looks good on the outside but below the surface nothing. No integrity, no honor, no leadership.

• CI September 14, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Obama’s response to this point has been undeniably weak. A leader would have have issued a statement more along the lines of “our diplomatic facilities are sovereign United States Territory; any attempts to breach that territory with malicious intent, will be met with rapid and overwhelming force”.

However…I don’t look to Romney to be that leader, nor do I approve of his ill conceived and ill timed political attack, while the events were still unfolding.
    CI recently posted..And Liberty is chipped away…a few ounces at a timeMy Profile

• John Carey September 15, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Whenever there is a lack of leadership it creates a vacuum and when this happens you always have some one willing to step in and that’s what Romney did in my opinion. He sounded Presidential and displayed more leadership in this situation than Obama has in the last three and half years in regards to foreign policy.

• Teresa Rice September 22, 2012 at 11:00 AM

The man should have never been elected as president. How people can still be willing to give him a chance is mind boggling. People need to open up their eyes to see how much harm he and his ilk have caused America.
    Teresa Rice recently posted..Fr. Barron Comments on Paul Ryan and Catholic Social TeachingMy Profile