SENTRY JOURNAL » Uncategorized » I’m back!

I’m back!

For the last two weeks I’ve been away from the computer spending time with my mother.  My mother and I completed a number of projects around the house when I was home.  We had good conversation, reminiscing about good times and bad times.  Talking about the now and what’s on the horizon.  I intentionally stayed away from posting anything because I wanted to devote my time and energy towards my mother.  She deserves it.  I don’t see her as much as I would like, so when I do get the opportunity it needs to be about her.  But now I’m back and I’m ready to go.

When I was home I did find time to squeeze some political conversation in with a few friends and what I learned was quite revealing.  I learned a great deal about the mindset of the average voter in a state (Pennsylvania) that has been trending left for the last twenty years.  Being born and raised there, then moving away from Pennsylvania for 20 plus years allows me to view things from a unique perspective in regards to just how much the state has changed.  This is a perspective that many in the state do not have because to be honest they have been conditioned to accept these significant and restrictive changes in their lives. They have lost a number of liberties and they don’t even realize it.  When I was living there being on welfare or some type of state assistance was frowned upon.  There was an understanding back then that people living off the wages of others was unacceptable.  That state assistance no matter how many good intentions was a hand out not an entitlement.  That understanding appears to have changed and in a future post I will explain why I believe this change in mindset has occurred.  It also helped me understand why a President who resides over one of the worst economic recoveries since the great depression is still polling near 50 percent and the battle for the future no matter who is elected we conservatives will have to wage to shift a mindset that is comfortable with big government in their lives to one that embraces individualism.  This battle is for the heart and soul of America and for the restoration of liberty and it will not be an easy one.

America must fundamentally change if there is any hope to restore our constitution and individual liberty.  This change begins with the individual and spreads to the various levels of government both on the state and federal level.  But for now I wanted this to inform you all that I’m back and ready to go.  There is a great deal of work to do and little time to do it.

More to come.

Filed under: Uncategorized

Comments
  • Adrienne September 30, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Welcome back, John. Sounds like your time with your Mom was fruitful.

I’m originally from Minnesota and left when I was 17 to move to Houston. I moved back briefly when I was 32 and couldn’t wait to get the hell out. By 34 I was safely ensconced in Arizona and have now found refuge in North Idaho.

I was raised by very conservative hardworking folks and most the people I grew up with were conservatives. So imagine my surprise to find out the majority of Minnesota is populated with the very worst of the left wing wackos. I thought most people were like us because that’s all I experienced as a child.

My trip back there last Christmas (which will, no doubt, be my last trip there ever) was excruciatingly painful. The libtards are so intrenched that I see absolutely no hope for that state.

I think the people in states like that are really beyond redemption and I won’t waste my time trying to convince them of anything. I have to agree with Michael Savage that liberalism is a mental disorder and spending time talking to mental patients is pointless.

I’m ready to hit “post your comment” and am excited about watching your zippy little combox thingy. I am so easily amused!
    Adrienne recently posted..White Sunday…My Profile

• John Carey September 30, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Thanks Adrienne. I’m very happy to be back. I just need to adjust my schedule again.
      John Carey recently posted..I’m back!My Profile

• Teresa Rice September 30, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Welcome back, my friend! It is great that you were able to spend some time with your mother. I have lived in Pa for six years and grew up in Md before that. The mindset around big cities seems to be different than in rural areas. I think one problem is that citizens are giving President Obama more slack because they believe that the policies he believes in didn’t create the mess we’re in. They believe that Bush policies caused this mess. I am not saying that I agreed with everything Bush did but he tried to fight back against the policies which caused the financial fiasco. Somehow we need to better inform these. Oh geesh here I am rambling when I was stopping by to welcome you back. Have a wonderful week. Wishing you and yours blessings.
    Teresa Rice recently posted..My Thoughts on Mitt’s 47% Comment; Am I A Part of the 47%?My Profile

• John Carey September 30, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Thanks Teresa. I hope you are feeling better. Many of the rural areas are indeed conservative, but that entitlement poison seems to be seeping in those areas. I plan on writing about my experience soon.
      John Carey recently posted..I’m back!My Profile

• Eugene Kipp September 30, 2012 at 1:38 PM

John I believe the population’s mindset can be changed (corrected) in the same way it was done in the first place. Propaganda in the form of hollywood movies and TV shows that show how it should be. It’s called “fighting fire with fire” to coin an old phrase…
    It’s really behavior modification in the truest sense. we conservatives need to “modify” what the sheeple have been told to accept as the “norm”
    I left my home state of Ohio over 50 years ago and haven’t been back…
    I’ve been around this old world many times, many countries, many people.
    Things change, people change… and people can be made to change.

• John Carey September 30, 2012 at 11:21 PM

You know it’s funny you say that because that’s all I saw in the public service addresses they were running in Pennsylvania. Green energy, eating right, bullying, making the right choices. It was all nanny state crap designed to shift the mindset of the people. It reminded me of a form of conditioning.
      John Carey recently posted..I’m back!My Profile

• Jim at Conservatives on Fire September 30, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Good to hear you are back, John. Spending time with our moms is so very important. I am glad you could spend time with yours.
    Jim at Conservatives on Fire recently posted..“The Economic Patriot” a poem by the Bard of MurdockMy Profile

• Fuzzy September 30, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Yay! I’m so glad you are back and that you had some quality time with your mom. :)

Teresa just posted sort of on this topic, and now that I’ve read yours, too . . . well, anyway, you’re quite right that a lot has changed with regards to our culture and attitudes toward entitlements/handouts. It will be extremely difficult to roll it back, too, because our economy, society, and culture all have to change as does our education system and our governments (local, state, and federal).
    Fuzzy recently posted..Top 5 Lies Leftists Believe About Conservatives: Number 1: Conservatives Are RAAACIST homophobic Islamaphobic xenophobic misogynists.My Profile

• John Carey September 30, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Difficult yes, but not impossible. We need to employ the same tactics as the left has done over the years.
      John Carey recently posted..I’m back!My Profile

• Steve Dennis September 30, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Welcome back John, I am glad you are back and I am glad you had this time to spend with your mother. Above all else family is the most important part of our lives.
    I saw a recent poll which showed Pennsylvania as being competitive and I hope that is true, If ROmney can pull this state out it will make for a very interesting election night.

• John Carey September 30, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Yes it does appear that Pennsylvania might be in play. There are many back there undecided and not happy with the current course we’re on. We will have to wait and see had much it trends. I’m glad to be back. Not writing was killing me.
      John Carey recently posted..I’m back!My Profile

• steve September 30, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Sounds like a nice time! It is so important to spend time with family.
    steve recently posted..Music Vid’s: Baroque and RollMy Profile

• John Carey September 30, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Indeed Steve. It was good to see her and spend time with her.
      John Carey recently posted..I’m back!My Profile

• David J. Hentosh September 30, 2012 at 7:17 PM

I think the change has to start with a re-establishing the importance of the family unit. Unfortunately, that has taken the biggest hit in the past two decades and will be hard to recover.

• John Carey September 30, 2012 at 11:27 PM

I absolutely agree David. The family unit is key.
      John Carey recently posted..I’m back!My Profile

• Bunkerville October 1, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Welcome back. Not all of us who still hang out in PA are devoid of what is going down. We now have the second oldest population in America. With it comes the slide to the left with the want and requirement of assistance from the government. As to liberties, i am not sure where you are going with that. We have a robust fracking operation, so far so good.We did vote in a GOP governor so there is hope.
    Bunkerville recently posted..One Million Ohioans Free Phone Program Costs State $100 MillionMy Profile

• John Carey October 1, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Thanks Bunker. Yeah there are indeed a large number of retirees in the state but it’s something more. It just appeared to me there were so many more rules and regulations than what I remember.
    John Carey recently posted..I’m back!My Profile

• Eugene Kipp October 1, 2012 at 8:55 PM

John,
    The link below shows that there is hope for returning to flock back to the norm.
    at least a possibility ….

Eugene Kipp
    John,
    The link below shows that there is hope for returning the flock back to the norm.
    at least a possibility ….

• proof October 1, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Welcome back! Okay, break’s over! Now write something inspiring! Chop chop! Heh.
    proof recently posted..Timeline of the Middle East Attacks and White House’s False NarrativeMy Profile