SENTRY JOURNAL » Uncategorized » What kind of America have we become?

What kind of America have we become?

Yesterday the following was reported by Fox News.

Fox News has learned from sources who were on the ground in Benghazi that an urgent request from the CIA annex for military back-up during the attack on the U.S. consulate and subsequent attack several hours later on the annex itself was denied by the CIA chain of command — who also told the CIA operators twice to “stand down” rather than help the ambassador’s team when shots were heard at approximately 9:40 p.m. in Benghazi on Sept. 11.

Former Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods was part of a small team who was at the CIA annex about a mile from the U.S. consulate where Ambassador Chris Stevens and his team came under attack. When he and others heard the shots fired, they informed their higher-ups at the annex to tell them what they were hearing and requested permission to go to the consulate and help out. They were told to “stand down,” according to sources familiar with the exchange. Soon after, they were again told to “stand down.”

As I listened to Fox News report these new details of the attack my heart sank.  These brave men who died in Benghazi deserved better than this from their nation.  They deserved a chance to live and could have possibly had that chance if we would have acted.  What kind of America knowingly leaves their citizens who are in harm’s way to die?  What kind of America buries this report or doesn’t report it at all?  What kind of America finds it acceptable that the day after this terrible event the President made a quick speech in the Rose Garden and then hurried off to Las Vegas for a fundraiser?  What kind of America permits their President to dodge the media and not answer the hard questions that demand to be asked?  What kind of America is ok with the lies spewed by this administration in regards to the cause of these attacks?  What kind of America politicizes this event and uses it as a talking point for their political party instead of doing the right thing?  What kind of America can still find a way to support this administration after all this?  What kind of America have we become?

Yesterday Glenn Beck conveyed how he feels about this.  It really moved me and I urge you to check out the below video.

YouTube Preview Image

I find myself in the same place as Mr. Beck.  I do not recognize an America that would leave these brave souls to die.  That’s not who we are as a people.  Folks I don’t care if you are liberal or conservative, we deserve better than this.  We deserve to know the truth.  I’m tired of the smoke and mirrors of this administration.  I’m tired of both political parties and their partisan attacks on each other in regards to this event.  Some events go beyond partisanship and this is definitely one.  This is not about right or left, red or blue state, Republican or Democrat.  This is about America and the nation we have become.  Have we become a nation that accepts this terrible behavior by this administration as the new norm or do we become a nation that decides integrity and truth must be restored in the highest levels of government?  I pray we are the latter.

We will know in 10 days.

Liberty forever, freedom for all.

Filed under: Uncategorized · Tags: , , , , , , ,

Comments
  • Silverfiddle October 27, 2012 at 12:38 PM

This is American straining under the weight of a failing, flailing Carteresque administration.
    Silverfiddle recently posted..Texas tells the UN to Get BentMy Profile

• John Carey October 27, 2012 at 8:29 PM

If we find out that this administration let these people die then there needs to be charges brought against them. It’s that simple in my mind. Carter was incompetent. This administration is much worse than incompetent, because they know what they’re doing is wrong. That’s my opinion.
      John Carey recently posted..What kind of America have we become?My Profile

• proof October 28, 2012 at 1:15 AM

I haven’t seen the quote written, but I could have sworn I heard Leon Paneta say that it “wasn’t safe” to send in a rescue team. And I thought to myself, what if on 9/11/01, FDNY didn’t go into the buildings because “it wasn’t safe”. The men standing by to attempt a rescue in Libya knew it wasn’t safe, but would have gone anyway. “No man left behind.” …something the Obama administration just doesn’t understand.
    proof recently posted..On HoldMy Profile

• John Carey October 28, 2012 at 6:48 AM

That’s spot on proof. The deployment of a rescue team in the case of Behghazi would have been equivalent to first responders. What first responder would ever question whether or not the conditions were ideal to try and save people. This whole thing sickens me.
      John Carey recently posted..What kind of America have we become?My Profile

• Steve Dennis October 28, 2012 at 7:28 AM

This is a terrific post John and I think it sums up the way many of us are feeling right now. It is hard to believe we have a president who didn’t concern himself with the attack while it was ongoing and it is hard to believe we have a media which is duplicitous in the cover up. I can only hope that the voters will hold Barack Obama accountable in one week for failing to live up to his number one duty as commander in chief.

• [...] TV up for Sale- Anyone Want to Buy Yet Another Failed Liberal News Outlet? SJ: What kind of America have we become? BdKS: If Mitt Romney Wins… Bunker: Susan Rice said Obama was not ready for the 3:00 am Phone [...]

• Jim at Conservatives on Fire October 28, 2012 at 8:26 AM

When did the idea of America die, John? The Generals who gave the orders to stand down need to resign immediately and be Court Martialed for dereliction of duty. The Secretary of State, The Director of the CIA, the Secretary of Defense, and the Commanfer-in-Chief need to resign in shame. This is not what America is. I agree with Glenn Beck. I do not recognize this America!
    Jim at Conservatives on Fire recently posted..What Has Happened To The Leadership Of America’s Armed Forces? When Did The Idea Of America Die?My Profile

• Bunkerville October 28, 2012 at 4:24 PM

As brave as these men were, we can only imagine the thoughts and fear as they came to realize the unthinkable. No one was coming. No one to help them.
    Bunkerville recently posted..Susan Rice said Obama was not ready for the 3:00 am Phone CallMy Profile

• LD Jackson October 28, 2012 at 7:20 PM

The more we learn about what happened, the clearer it becomes that something is vastly wrong. If our citizens who are serving voluntarily overseas can not trust that our government will have their back, what use is it to them to serve? This administration has made it clear, they can not be trusted to do the right thing.
    LD Jackson recently posted..Mitt Romney – A Campaign Of Smears And Lies From Barack ObamaMy Profile

• [...] Sentry Journal: What the Hell became of us? [...]