SENTRY JOURNAL » Uncategorized » It’s time to do the right thing…

It’s time to do the right thing…

For the last couple of days I’ve been observing the Benghazi hearings and the negotiations going on with Boehner and Democratic leaders to prevent us from going off a fiscal cliff.  It appears the left cares more about politicizing events to advance the agenda of their political party than doing what’s right and good for America and I’m personally tired of it.  Benghazi is a no-brainer.

After seven hours of fighting and numerous requests for help, we failed to answer the call and left our citizens to die in the streets of Benghazi.  This alone is absolutely unacceptable, but what made it worse was the President misleading the American people by telling us it was a spontaneous event caused by some obscure video.  We now have learned that top White House officials knew this was a terrorist attack within 24 hours and yet the President along with Susan Rice consciously mislead the American people about the attack.  How does this not break through partisan walls?  How does this not resonate with any American regardless of party affiliation?   Four Americans died and a sitting President tried to cover it up and it’s being politicized by the left.  There’s right and wrong and the senseless death of four Americans is wrong no matter how you try to spin it.  Where’s the courage to do the right thing and fire everyone who not only failed to act and save these four brave souls, but those who chose to mislead the American people?  What we have are Democrats putting party and President ahead of country and it makes me sick.  John Boehner is just as bad in regards to negotiating with Democratic leaders over extending the Bush tax rates.

In my opinion this is how it’s going to play out.  John Boehner is going to put on a show for us all.  He’s going to take it to the zero hour and then tell us he got the best deal he could. He fought long and hard and got the Democrats to agree on future spending cuts (which will never happen) and then he’s going to agree to an increase of tax rates on those who create jobs.  These are the same people the left calls rich.  I call them job creators because a large number of them are small business owners.  Here’s a tip Speaker Boehner, we don’t have a revenue problem.  We have a spending problem.  Raising the tax rate on the upper three percent will not solve our fiscal problems.  It will make them worse.  But because the Democrats were so successful in their class warfare rhetoric and because Boehner is such a weak ineffective Speaker of the House he will cave in and destroy what’s left of the Republican Party.  And the sad truth is with a $16 trillion national debt and no budget on the horizon we’ve already gone off the fiscal cliff and all we’re doing now is watching Boehner’s political theater play out as Rome burns.  If Boehner caves in on this issue, he must go as Speaker of the House because if he doesn’t come 2014 Republicans will lose the House in a big way.  They will also lose my support forever and I will look to third party candidates who stand for limited government and the restoration of individual liberties.  And I won’t care one bit if my choice hurts the Republican Party.  I encourage all of you to contact your elected representative with this same promise.

It’s time to hold these phony conservatives accountable for their actions.  And it’s also time to stop politicizing the Benghazi event, because these four brave Americans that died deserve better from their nation.  It’s time to do the right thing on both fronts.

Filed under: Uncategorized · Tags: , , , ,

Comments
  • LD Jackson November 17, 2012 at 3:08 AM

I have zero confidence that John Boehner will do the right thing. There is an ongoing campaign to convince Americans that the tax cuts are bad for America. I have seen Google ads on my blog, and on Conservative Hideout, that are trying to do just that. I will be very surprised if Obama doesn’t get most of what he wants, namely to repeal the tax cuts for the higher income levels.
    LD Jackson recently posted..David Petraeus Could Nail Obama To The White House Wall On BenghaziMy Profile

• John Carey November 18, 2012 at 8:49 PM

He will get most of what he wants Larry. There is no reason for him to compromise because he could care less what happens to our economy. I’m not in a very compromising mood my friend. If Boehner caves, I’m done with the Republicans…
      John Carey recently posted..Teeing it up: A Round at the LINKs (Hillary edition)My Profile

• Steve Dennis November 17, 2012 at 5:51 AM

I think you predicted exactly how the fiscal cliff negotiations are going to play out. Boehner is going to end up giving Obama exactly what he wants–he did the last time before Obama came back and tried to get more–and the economy will suffer even more. Boehner should have been voted out once the election was over, but he is still there and I don’t understand why the Republicans didn’t think they could do better.
    As far as Benghazi goes, it is the Democrats who want to make this into a partisan issue by trying to make is seem as if it is the Republicans who are politicizing it. I find it disgusting that they think it is more important for them to protect Obama than Obama found it to protect our heroes over there.
    Steve Dennis recently posted..General Petraeus testifies in front of the Congress on Benghazi and admits he knew this was a terrorist attack from the beginningMy Profile

• steve November 17, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Agreed on both counts.
    steve recently posted..Every generation consumes the available reserves of mineralsMy Profile

• theCL Report: Old Inglorious November 17, 2012 at 12:28 PM

[...] It's time to hold these phony conservatives accountable for their actions [...]

• Bunkerville November 17, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Just a bump in the road. That was all. What a disgrace.
    Bunkerville recently posted..Twinkie armageddon, recipe includedMy Profile

• CI November 17, 2012 at 4:01 PM

I made that same promise years ago when I realized the GOP wasn’t any more of a defender of liberty than the Democrats.
    CI recently posted..The Department of EverythingMy Profile

• John Carey November 18, 2012 at 9:41 PM

That GOP has become something I just don’t feel like I can get behind anymore. I do like a handful of Senators and Representatives that are Republicans, but overall the party has been bitten by the big government bug.

• Jim at Conservatives on Fire November 17, 2012 at 4:39 PM

I like a good fight as much as anybody. But, I teel you, John, I don’t think America will have the have the time to recover from what Obama is doing nor will there be time to develop a viable third party. The debt time bomb is not going to wait for us. My hope is that enough of us keep the resistance alive, keep the spirit of what America was alive and paas it on to our children and encourage them to pass on to theirs. My hope is that one day, those who kept the faith will have a chance to try the experiment that was America again. Hpefully they will do a better job of it the next chance they get.
    Jim at Conservatives on Fire recently posted..“THE GLOBALIST LEFT’S NEW TESTAMENT – A SUNDAY CONTEMPLATION” an essay by Cheryl PassMy Profile

• John Carey November 18, 2012 at 9:46 PM

It’s not over yet Jim. The way I see it is the first realization we must all come to is that both parties are screwing us and lying to us. The sooner the people realize this the sooner we can begin to take back our country from both parties. Both parties are part of the problem.

• [...] to Liquidate Because of Union- 18,500 Lose Their Jobs SJ:  It’s time to do the right thing… BdKS: No Mr. Romney, Barack Obama is still not a nice guy Bunker: John Kerry -the next Secretary [...]

• Infidel de Manahatta November 18, 2012 at 5:03 AM

It is going to be difficult to get rid of the Republican party. It can’t just disappear within two years like the Whig party now that the Government controls our ballots and decides which parties we can be allowed to vote for.

But it must be done even if it takes 20 years or so. We must let the Republican party whither and die on the vine.
    Infidel de Manahatta recently posted..Hollywood to Remake CasablancaMy Profile

• John Carey November 18, 2012 at 9:48 PM

The best way to get rid of the Republican and Democratic parties is to starve them and throw your resources and money behind those who will reestablish the constitution as the law of the land. Starving them is the quickest way to bring about their end.

• Silverfiddle November 18, 2012 at 7:12 AM

The Republicans are screwed, caught in a trap of their own making. Cave and go along, or stand fast and get blamed for wrecking the economy. And let’s not forget the GOP gets half the blame for bringing us to this fiscal cliff. They spent just as fast and hard as the Democrats.

We are out of easy answers. The road back, if we can find it, will be long and painful, but first we have to survive the impending crash.
    Silverfiddle recently posted..Dime Store CowboysMy Profile

• John Carey November 18, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Surviving the impending crash is something I plan to write about in the coming week. It’s important that start having a serious conversation with friends and loved ones who are for the most part non-believers in regards to anything economically bad happening.

• [...] It’s time to do the right thing… [...]

• proof November 18, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Not much to add to that, John. Spot on!
    proof recently posted..Signs of the Apocalypse – Does Twinkie Shortage Mark TEOTWAWKI?My Profile