SENTRY JOURNAL » Uncategorized » Wandering around in my mind

Wandering around in my mind

Lately I’ve been finding it hard to jot some words down on the blog.  I’ve been wandering around in my mind finding it difficult to string together anything that could be construed as a coherent thought.   The truth is I’m tired.  I’m tired of both Republicans and Democrats stealing my liberties and my property to expand the size of government and the role they play in my life.  I’m tired of the next crisis they will use to drive us deeper in debt and regulate us more.  I’m tired of a tax system that takes money from my wife and me and redistributes to people who don’t pays taxes.   I’m tired of an uninformed electorate who has no desire to educate themselves on the issues.  I’m tired of an overregulated free market that stifles growth and limits opportunity.  I’m tired of politicians making empty promises they have no intentions of keeping.

I’m tired of our public school system and the terrible job they’re doing in the education of our children.  They’re more concerned about teaching our children how something makes them feel than how to apply critical thinking techniques to solve a problem.  I’m tired of fringe groups waging a war on our traditions and a government that’s more than happy to acquiesce to their unreasonable demands.  I’m tired of a corrupt mainstream media whose actions during this last election were absolutely shameful.  I’m tired of our constitution being ignored by the same politicians who raise their right hand and swear to defend it and activist judges whose rulings embolden them to continue to violate it.  I’m tired of “Christmas” trees being called “holiday” trees.

This is not the America that stepped up and defeated the Germans and Japanese in World War II.  This is not the self-reliant people our grandparents and great grandparents were.  This is an America that has traded its liberty for security, independence for dependence, and greatness for mediocrity.  This is an America in decline and we the people have front row seats.  For many it’s a heart wrenching thing to watch.  They’re beginning to see the inevitability of the economic collapse that looms on the horizon.  I believe there are two types of people, those who know what’s coming and those who don’t.  I told a friend the other day that I feel like I’m living in the Matrix and I can see it for what it is.  So many cannot and they won’t until the system collapses in on itself.  And no matter how much I write about liberty and freedom, it’s never going to resonate with most of these people because they’re ok with this new America.  They’re comfortable with the expansion of government and the increased role it plays in our lives.  They don’t want to hear about liberty and freedom because they believe human beings cannot be trusted with the notion of self-governance.   They believe people need to be managed…regulated.

This is the way it is folks and no matter what I do my words are not going to change their minds.  Not even a life changing event would change all their minds.  The fact is we live in an America where there is a large segment of our society that’s not only ok with tyranny, but they’re actively promoting it. How did we reach this point in America?  We were once a nation that championed liberty above all else.  So for the last few days I’ve been wandering around in my mind searching for answers.  Asking myself what can I do to make a difference?  This is no longer a tactical question, it’s a strategic question with the big picture in mind.  Because clearly what I’ve have been doing for the last few years has failed, so maybe it’s time to reexamine what exactly I’m trying to accomplish.  Maybe it’s time to try something different.  Socrates said the unexamined life is not worth living.  I’ve decided to take his advice.

Liberty forever, freedom for all.

Filed under: Uncategorized · Tags: ,

Comments
  • Steve Dennis November 29, 2012 at 5:13 AM

Hang in there Jonn, I know exactly how you feel. There really isn’t anything I can say so I will leave you with the words I keep returning to almost everyday:

“Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated.”
    Steve Dennis recently posted..Barack Obama supports Harry Reid’s attempt at changing the filibuster: His position has apparently “evolved”My Profile

• John Carey November 29, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Very wise words my friend. Steve I am hanging in there, I’m just reevaluating everything about me. I do plan on keeping up the fight for liberty, I just might need to change my tactics. Thanks for the encouraging words my friend.
      John Carey recently posted..Wandering around in my mindMy Profile

• Infidel de Manahatta November 29, 2012 at 6:04 AM

It can be very depressing sometimes. Could we even beat the japanese today? Probably not. MSNBC would call the war racist.

We are in decline. We laugh at Greece but that’s us in a few years.
    Infidel de Manahatta recently posted..Manhattan Infidel Presents Your Horoscope (The Long Thought Extinct Edition)My Profile

• John Carey November 29, 2012 at 9:53 PM

I’m not so sure that we could beat the Japanese. I was telling my wife tonight that it just doesn’t feel like America anymore…something has changed.
      John Carey recently posted..Wandering around in my mindMy Profile

• Adrienne November 29, 2012 at 12:59 PM

John – I could have written this – except I’m too tired…
    Adrienne recently posted..The Fiscal Cliff…My Profile

• CI November 29, 2012 at 2:34 PM

I find agreement with pretty much everything your wrote…with the general exception that traditions aren’t always compliant with notions of liberty, and using the power of the state to enforce their observance is no better than the tyranny of the left.
    CI recently posted..Secretary Hagel?My Profile

• John Carey November 29, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Traditions are a key component in any society. It is what gives a society it’s uniqueness and anchors it to something. When traditions are watered down or ignored, society begins to break down. Kind of what’s happening to us CI. Thanks for the comment.
      John Carey recently posted..Wandering around in my mindMy Profile

• Jim at Conservatives on Fire November 29, 2012 at 3:17 PM

That you are speaking from the heart, Johb is more than evident. You are not alone. Many feel exactly the same way. The only thing that keeps me going is pkoto of my great-grandchildren. For all older generations there nearly zero hope. We will have to begin thinking outside of the box. We will need mew strategies and tactics and as I worte the other day, I think it is time to start taking the long view. There will be no short term fixes. If there is a fix at all, it is probably after the house of cards falls down. There are not many who agree with me, John. But, that is where I amat and I will continue to fight. The new strategies and tactic I believe will come to us in time.

You are a good man, John Carey. God bless you!
    Jim at Conservatives on Fire recently posted..Benghazi Investigations Are Focused On The Wrong TimeframeMy Profile

• John Carey November 29, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Thanks for the kind and encouraging words Jim. I have no plans to give up the fight for liberty, I’m just not playing their games anymore. I too an taking a hard look at my life and retooling my tactics. It’s time try a different strategy.
      John Carey recently posted..Wandering around in my mindMy Profile

• theCL Report: Soaring Debt & Microchips November 30, 2012 at 11:26 PM

[...] Wandering around in my mind If you do not specify and confront real issues, what you will do will surely obscure them. If you do not alarm anyone morally, you will yourself remain morally asleep. If you do not embody controversy, what you say will be an acceptance of the drift to the coming human hell. — C. Wright Mills [...]