SENTRY JOURNAL » Uncategorized » President Obama and mob rule

President Obama and mob rule

In the latter days of the Roman Empire it was mob rule that guided Rome to its eventual demise.  Emperors remained in power for as long as the mob was entertained and distracted.  Emperors recognized the power of the mob and used it to increase their popularity and gain support for radical reforms and much like the Roman Emperors of old who used the mobs to advance their agenda today very little has changed.

America stands on the edge of a fiscal cliff.  There is gridlock in Washington and both sides appear to be unwilling to compromise.  Where is President Obama?  Why isn’t he in Washington leading?   Because Obama recognizes the power of the mob and he’s still in campaign mode traveling around the country stirring the mob up.  Check out the below video.

YouTube Preview Image

Notice the reaction of the crowd when he injects the right to work issue.  They go crazy.  He’s playing to the emotions of the mob.  He’s using the mob to generate support.  Does Obama really care whether or not a state votes to become a right to work state?  It doesn’t matter because he knows the union workers in Michigan do care and he uses their care for this issue to garner support.  Why do you think he brought it up so early in the speech?  Because he knew the mob would gobble it up in-turn setting the tone for the rest of the speech.  He’s using these good people and they don’t even realize it.  It’s a sad thing to observe in America.

Below is a clip from the movie Gladiator that pretty much sums up Obama’s America.  It’s not the best quality but you’ll get the point.

YouTube Preview Image

Gracchus Fear and wonder, a powerful combination.
Falco: You really think people are going to be seduced by that?
Gracchus: I think he knows what Rome is. Rome is the mob. Conjure magic for them and they’ll be distracted. Take away their freedom and still they’ll roar. The beating heart of Rome is not the marble of the senate, it’s the sand of the coliseum. He’ll bring them death – and they will love him for it.

This is what democracy looks like America…mob rule.

Filed under: Uncategorized · Tags: , , , , ,

Comments
  • Steve Dennis December 11, 2012 at 5:19 AM

It also reminds me of a line from one of the Star Wars movies: “this is how democracy dies, to thunderous applause.”
    I still can’t get over the fact that so many people have bought into Obama’s class warfare, divide and conquer strategy.
    Steve Dennis recently posted..Afterburner with Bill Whittle: Unserious PeopleMy Profile

• John Carey December 11, 2012 at 11:00 PM

It really doesn’t surprise me Steve. The progressives have been conditioning our children and this next generation for years to get exactly the kind of voter they needed to win…a mob that believes they are entitled.
      John Carey recently posted..Obama’s mob…he owns it!My Profile

• LD Jackson December 11, 2012 at 6:04 AM

I couldn’t even make it through the video clip of Obama campaigning. I am sickened by the fact that so many Americans have fallen for his lies. I am even more sickened by the fact that they felt it necessary to give him another four years in which to drag our country down.
    LD Jackson recently posted..What Does Obama Want in Fiscal Cliff Compromise?My Profile

• John Carey December 11, 2012 at 11:02 PM

They were duped into believing the lie over the truth Larry. We can’t forget that the left knows how to sell their ideas even if they’re flawed. We been conditioned to believe government is the answer. The right struggles with this because we don’t understand political war.
      John Carey recently posted..Obama’s mob…he owns it!My Profile

• Jim at Conservatives on Fire December 11, 2012 at 7:58 AM

An excellent analogy, John. I’m waiting for Obama to suggest raiding the minimum wage to $100 an hour. Then we would have a powerful middle class, right?
    Jim at Conservatives on Fire recently posted..Ben Franklin Invented Fiat Money That WorkedMy Profile

• John Carey December 11, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Thanks Jim. I was telling someone today that I don’t want to grow the middle class, I want to grow the rich class. You should have seen the look I received. It was priceless.
      John Carey recently posted..Obama’s mob…he owns it!My Profile

• Bunkerville December 11, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Powerful stuff. I shudder at the thought of his inauguration. I intend to darken the TV. I am trying to decide which Roman Dictator he emulates. Nero?
    Bunkerville recently posted..Obamacare and the coverup that should do Sebelius inMy Profile

• John Carey December 11, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Nero was extremely incompetent. I don’t believe Obama is incompetent. I believe he’s extremely clever and he’s doing exactly what he intended to do. He is more like Augustus Caesar..always manipulating events to gain more power.
      John Carey recently posted..Obama’s mob…he owns it!My Profile