SENTRY JOURNAL » Uncategorized » Let it Burn: Should the GOP Allow Obama to Raise Taxes?

Let it Burn: Should the GOP Allow Obama to Raise Taxes?

An idea has been mentioned that perhaps the GOP should simply vote “present” for any “fiscal cliff” vote, and allow Obama to raise all the taxes they want. Then, as the thinking goes, Obama and the Democrats will take the blame for the job losses and such that result. The Trifecta panel, via PJ Media, discusses this…

While the panel only lightly discussed the media’s role in any scenario I think it’s important. Because, even if the GOP gives Obama exactly what he wants, it will never be Obama’s fault. Even if the exact tax increases that Obama requests are found to be directly responsible for hundreds of thousands of jobs going away, it will never be reported.

You see, we don’t live in a post modern world-we live in a post reality world. It doesn’t matter what really happens. It doesn’t matter what the facts are. It doesn’t matter if math, video, documents, or pictures proves your point. We now live in a world where perception, and those that craft it, holds all the cards. So, no matter how many businesses close, and no matter how many people lose their jobs-it will always be the fault of the GOP or greedy businessmen. The media will report it a gospel, and, as the last election taught us, there is now a critical mass of Americans that are dumb enough to believe it.

Sorry to be so negative, but reality really doesn’t matter.

Matt

Written by

I believe that future generations should have the same opportunities that myself, and those that came before me, had. My parents taught me that I could do anything I wanted to do. I don’t want to have to tell my daughter, “You can do whatever the government tells you to do.” We are at a crossroads in this country; are we going to be free, or are we going to be slaves to the nanny state. I choose freedom. I can be found at the Conservative Hideout, or at the Conservative Hideout RapidFire

Filed under: Uncategorized · Tags: , , , , ,

Comments
  • Jim at Conservatives on Fire December 12, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Would it be grasping at straws to believe that reality will matter once it comes in the form of a really big and merciless reality
    Jim at Conservatives on Fire recently posted..The Problems Facing America Are Understood. There Just Is No Will To Fix ThemMy Profile

• TexasFred December 12, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Allow Obama to raise taxes? I think they’re going to cave and HELP him raise taxes… The GOP is, in my opinion, as useless as the Dems..
    TexasFred recently posted..Conservatives erupt after Sheila Jackson Lee mentions “entitlements” that “are earned”My Profile

• Infidel de Manahatta December 13, 2012 at 6:38 AM

Sadly it doesn’t matter. Even if we give the public what it wants (higher taxes and socialism) the Republicans will still get blamed for everything).

But yeah, let it burn.

• Bunkerville December 13, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Still we are gaining in the local and state elections. If I had a choice, let her rip and let the dems have a go and get a great P.R. Firm on our side. We havent even begun to argue on the federal level. Preibus? Anyone see him lately?
    Bunkerville recently posted..Aunt Chippy Christmas gift wrapping !My Profile

• John Galt December 14, 2012 at 11:01 AM

It is too early to condemn Boehner. Most of the defectors and losers that want to allow the raise of tax rates without strict and actual cuts in spending are in the Senate, and believe it or not, also among those conservative bloggers that before accused Boehner of weakness.

The idea to vote “present” is a bad one. There are two goals, and both achievable in spite of the “losers”, that Republicans most stick with. One, avoid getting the “read my lips” syndrome of H. Bush by relenting on the promise not to raise taxes. Second, manage that the blame for a tanking 2013 economy is given to the Democrats.

Both goals can be achieved as I described in my piece, “The Fiscal Cliff Sting”. This same theory is exposed (by coincidence) in the piece by Martin Feldstein of Harvard University in his Foreign Affairs article, “The Tax Hike Canard”.
    John Galt recently posted..Watch The Greatest Disappearing Act of The Century – the Rich.My Profile

• theCL Report: Death Panel Decisions December 14, 2012 at 1:40 PM