SENTRY JOURNAL » Uncategorized » A Way to Meaningfully Resist ObamaCare?

A Way to Meaningfully Resist ObamaCare?

What if you could say “nyet comrade” to ObamaCare with minimal consequences? After all, if people cam resist ObamaCare, they can save themselves from many of the negative consequences. And, it’s a great way to be subversive, and help hasten them collapse of that system. Dean Clancy, in an article at the Washington Times, discusses his concept as to how…

Under Section 1501 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, we’re required to certify on our yearly tax return whether we have “acceptable” coverage. However, the Internal Revenue Service is forbidden to use any penalty to enforce the mandate, except for a user-fee payment, which the IRS can only collect at the end of the year out of any tax refund we may be owed. This means we can simply sidestep the fee by carefully adjusting our withholdings to avoid being owed a refund. As for the amount, it’s comparatively small: in 2014, just $95, or 1 percent of income, whichever is greater, rising to $695 or 2.5 percent of income in 2016 and thereafter. It’s a pittance compared to the cost of compliance.

So, if Dean Clancy has this right, we can make sure we break even with the IRS, and there is no penalty. In all reality we shouldn’t be feeding the beast any more than needed anyway, so sending them extra money is something we might just want to avoid. After all, why feed the enemy of freedom-the state, more than is absolutely necessary?

Clancy also has some ways to get insurance, and still not fully comply with ObamaCare…

Not comfortable with being uninsured? No worries. You can still take a bold stand and preserve your freedom by taking the four steps I call “peaceful non-compliance”:

1) Go outside of the “exchange” and buy a high-quality, high-deductible health plan that meets your needs.

2) Pay cash for routine medical expenses.

3) Open a Health Savings Account, which allows you to pay for care with pre-tax dollars (and if you can, make the maximum allowable contribution each year).

4) Consider supplementing your insurance with critical illness coverage, which pays a lump sum in case of a specific diagnosis.

So, there are ways to get the kind of insurance that you can use, and at the same time, be outside of the ObamaCare tyranny.

Just as a note, I am NOT suggesting that anyone commit tax evasion. Follow all relevant tax laws. What Clancy is suggesting is that we use what appears to be a loophole in the law that allows people out of the penalty by not having an income tax refund from which to deduct the ObamaCare penalty. Will regressives scoff at this? Of course they will. I would simply suggest that we are using the Cloward-Piven strategy, and for regressives, that is a perfectly acceptable means to achieve change. After all, we’re just following that fine example. Then, they couldn’t possible disagree without being hypocrites, right?

Note: I’m discussing the statements and opinions of someone else in this post. Do not mistake this blog post for legal advise. While I hope this works, and I personally plan on using this strategy, I cannot guarantee any outcomes. Consider this at your own risk.

Matt

Written by

I believe that future generations should have the same opportunities that myself, and those that came before me, had. My parents taught me that I could do anything I wanted to do. I don’t want to have to tell my daughter, “You can do whatever the government tells you to do.” We are at a crossroads in this country; are we going to be free, or are we going to be slaves to the nanny state. I choose freedom. I can be found at the Conservative Hideout, or at the Conservative Hideout RapidFire

Filed under: Uncategorized · Tags: , , , ,

Comments
  • Adrienne August 8, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Everyone should always strive to not have a tax return. It’s nothing more than loaning the government your money interest free.

And I’ve said from day one that people should have “catastrophic” policies and pay for routine visits. People pay many hundreds of dollars every month so they can go to the doctor for a $10.00 copay and than they call it “free.” If they put that money in a bank account at the end of 10 years they’d have upwards of 72K (based on a per month insurance premium of $600.00.)

Also check out the Surgery Center of Oklahoma:

Adrienne recently posted..Praying for my friend…My Profile

• Matt August 12, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Yeah, not having a return is a great thing, I think that people are addicted to getting a nice tax return every spring. I know I had done that in the past.

I’ve worked in a medical organization, and can say that the reason the cost is high is because someone else is paying for it.

• Bunkerville August 8, 2013 at 4:25 PM

While growing up we always paid cash to the Doc. He gave us a small white little bag with whatever pills we needed for the most part. Blue cross was the only game in town and that was for hospitalizations and major tests. Lets go back. Of course the Blues were non-profit. The government stopped the Docs giving out pills.
    Bunkerville recently posted..George Orwell warns us – it is up to usMy Profile

• Matt August 12, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Absolutely! yOU ARE CORRECT ON ALL COUNTS.

• Matt August 12, 2013 at 10:08 PM

You are correct sir!

• Teresa Rice August 16, 2013 at 5:01 PM

I’ve always liked getting a refund in the spring. This may be good for some people but I have mixed feelings on it since I have chronic health issues.
    Teresa Rice recently posted..Afterburner with Bill Whittle — World Gone MadMy Profile

• Ian T. MacLeod August 17, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Matt – “or are we going to be slaves to the nanny state.”

That’s not even CLOSE to the choice we have remaining anymore. For those who are still asleep, have you NOT NOTICED the innocent women, small children, even infants getting kicked, Tased, sprayed in the face, stomped in the face and then being accused of “assaulting an officer”? Then they get hauled in (if they’re still alive) and abused some MORE! tell a cop he has no authority, no RIGHT to do something and he’ll do it ANYWAY, as viciously as possible, and then he’ll get REALLY nasty just to teach you the lesson and cops can do ANYTHING, TO ANYONE, PERIOD. Judges will back him. The person who refuses to plead guilty, at least to a lesser charge – and there MUST BE a guilty plea! – will be attacked and destroyed, however long, whatever lies and bribes it takes.

THAT is not anything but a Police State, folks! As George Carlin said, “You HAVE no rights! They OWN YOU!” As far as the “elites” are concerned, they DO own you – literally; they own us ALL. Somewhere – and they know where – are the little pieces of paper your parents signed thinking they were gifting you with American citizenship when they sold you to the bloodline ‘elites’ – and now those rich sociopaths want to get rid of 90% of their holdings in human property. They’re doing it too, faster and faster, with wars, economic wars, toxic food supplies and water supplies, radiation everywhere from all directions, chemtrails with dozens of poisons raining down all the time and on and on… There’s really no getting out form under it all or away from it. Not completely. It’s fight or die and that’s all. They’re out-numbered, we’re outgunned. No matter what, it’s going to be a mess.

Ian

• Harrison August 24, 2013 at 12:02 AM

I think what this shows is how horribly rushed Obamacare was and that when Pelosi said they’d have to pass the bill in order to find out what was in it it was one of the most honest things she’s said.
    Harrison recently posted..Ted Cruz and the BirthersMy Profile

• […] A Way to Meaningfully Resist ObamaCare? […]

• Tom TradeTech Liquidity August 30, 2013 at 9:23 AM

There is a lot controversy about Obamacare. Definitely nobody wants to feed the beast. On the other hand how many people is so well organized and motivated to save extra money aside and how much can they save over the year. I have been throuht serious cancer treatment in NY clinic and I realize how costly it can be. I agree with Teresa. I have mixed fellings as well.